• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Best Options for Business majors? Current & Past business students please help! (1 Viewer)

nessc26

HSC
I have a few questions:

1)
is it better to choose to have only 2 majors and be able to do 2 capstone projects (and thus more experience for my resume) OR
choose one major with 2 sub-majors and have only 1 capstone project (less experience but maybe useful for more career options)

I am not sure what I want to do with my degree yet, so I would like to keep my options open, but I also recognise how important relevant industry experience is in getting a job after graduation.

2) what is the difference between marketing and marketing communication?

3) which of these majors would have the best employment prospects?

Human Resource Management

International Business

Management

Marketing

Marketing Communication

Tourism Management

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
1)It is best to choose two majors rather than do sub majors.
2) Marketing Communication looks more in depth at Integrated Marketing Communications such as Public Relations. Marketing looks at IMC and more topics such as Market Research, Marketing Planning and Strategy, International Marketing, Revenue/ Price Management Marketing Analytic and Decisions (a subject that uses Econometric analysis), New Product Analysis and Management and Services Marketing.
3) The majors that have the best employment prospects are Management and Marketing.

nessc26

HSC
1)It is best to choose two majors rather than do sub majors.
2) Marketing Communication looks more in depth at Integrated Marketing Communications such as Public Relations. Marketing looks at IMC and more topics such as Market Research, Marketing Planning and Strategy, International Marketing, Revenue/ Price Management Marketing Analytic and Decisions (a subject that uses Econometric analysis), New Product Analysis and Management and Services Marketing.
3) The majors that have the best employment prospects are Management and Marketing.

thank you so much!
Are sub-majors not really taken seriously..?

Ideally I would like to study human resource management, marketing and tourism management..but if it cuts down my chances of getting a job I might have to drop tourism management..I know it doesn't have great employment rates but I am more passionate about that industry...

builder2818

HSC
All management majors are a waste of time and your money.....marketing is just as silly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)