• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Best note taking method (1 Viewer)

daddywal

HSC
Should I continue taking notes on paper or should I buy an iPad? I feel like paper notes are very inefficient because it's challenging to go back and edit plus I don't have a lot of space to store the notes. Can anyone with an Ipad tell me about their experience?

veryoldsigma

HSC
handwrite your notes if feasible as it makes it stick in your memory better. Think about the reason you're writing notes. it's quite likely that someone has already written notes for every subject that you are doing that are far superior and better written than your notes will ever be. your notes shouldn't really be for reference, they're to help you process and remember information
this is just my opinion tho

indeed

HSC
Yh important not to base all your study off notes, that's what I mostly did, until exam period arrived and study notes took too long to make so i just jumped to quickly scribbling some content stuff down to memorise it and focused on past papers

daddywal

HSC
ok maybe i should phrase the question better... Should I handwrite notes on paper or buy an iPad and use an Apple pencil to write on GoodNotes? Right now I handwrite notes on paper but written notes on iPad take less physical space. So yea which one would you recommend?

Last edited:

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
ok maybe i should phrase the question better... Should I handwrite notes on paper or buy an iPad and use an Apple pencil to write on GoodNotes? Right now I handwrite notes on paper but written notes on iPad take less physical space. So yea which one would you recommend?
You want to spend hundreds of dollars purely for note taking.....? Why :/

What did paper ever do to you 😭

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
i steal my sister's ipad to do past papers/question sets cause some of this stuff will take wayyyy too long/cost too much to print out and i don't like just labelling qns in a notebook
Yeah fair enough I guess

I just don't think buying it purely for notes is worth it tbh - everyone before us has been able to do fine with pen and paper so why can't we

carrotsss

HSC
Imo notes should just be a way of remembering stuff as you learn it, as a separate study method they’re extremely inefficient and you don’t really need a set of notes to be able to look back at them, realistically you can just check the textbook or someone else’s set of notes

idkkdi

HSC
i steal my sister's ipad to do past papers/question sets cause some of this stuff will take wayyyy too long/cost too much to print out and i don't like just labelling qns in a notebook
ye this way easier to keep track of problems u've done if u keep it all on a device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)