Best movie of the 80's (1 Viewer)

walrusbear

HSC
brightsea said:
i know. terrible isn't it? i love it but i think empire was the low point of the first trilogy (if there could be a low point to star wars :D ) so to pick one, jedi would have to be my fav.
are you insane?

brightsea

HSC
walrusbear said:
are you insane?
it's very, very likely, walrusbear. i should probably think before i type. the star wars movie i consider the least innovative of the three is the one directed by richard marquand...and as i just looked it up that was rotj. comment officially retracted. should have thought about the individual films. oops :rolleyes: that being said i still love rotj.

i also stand corrected because if there was a low point to star wars in the first trilogy time frame it has to be the star wars holiday special itchy and lumpy as well as carrie fisher singing :eek:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The star wars holiday special has to be seen to be believed. It's absolutely horrific and hilarious at the same time.

Markazzo

HSC
The Shining. Also my favourite Kubrick film and my favourite 'horror' film.

Platoon, and Born on the 4th of July, as well and a bunch of other good Vietnam movies deserve a mention.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I must admit I'd never heard of The Star Wars Holiday Special until today. How did they get the actors to agree to it? Did they read the script?

walrusbear

HSC
Benny_ said:
I must admit I'd never heard of The Star Wars Holiday Special until today. How did they get the actors to agree to it? Did they read the script?
just one of those crazy things

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Benny_ said:
You've never heard of it because George Lucas actually tried his darndest to buy and destroy every master copy in existance. Plus it was never released on video.

walrusbear

HSC
Lundy said:
You've never heard of it because George Lucas actually tried his darndest to buy and destroy every master copy in existance. Plus it was never released on video.
i've seen parts of it
you can download around half of it on file sharing progs

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I've seen it in it's entirety. Complete with daggy 1970's commercials.

brightsea

HSC
there's occasionally a few bootleg copies on ebay...wouldn't pay more than $5 for it though.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Lainee said:
5. The Lost Boys - I had to watch it with my parents and have them translate all those 80s pop culture references.
i found this to be one of the most boring movies ever. definitely the worst vampired movie i've ever seen

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
i dunno. i might give it another go in a couple years. but until then i'm completely there with you on the kiefer lovin'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)