Best memory of italian classes. teacher? fav subject? fav song? fav food? (1 Viewer)

arls

i luuuuurrrrrrrvvvveee any thing italian. im gonna miss italian sooo much cause we had an awesome teacher who'd throw these made parties, and shed bring in all this italian food my fav italian foods eg:

- baked ricotta
- nutella
- gelato!!!
-olives/ antipasto
- crostini
- panetone
- meats (salami, prosciutto)
- cannoli (sp?)

also.. sitting around in class, doing prac writing tasks and pretending to be complete deadshits with no life, or just taking on weird personas in prac convo's.

going to leichardt with friends from italian, on a "study" trip... that was fun..

playing italian games... eg TOMBOLA!! or even CIAO!!! and also BOCCE (SP?)

singing italian songs during class.. and watching movies in class to prac italian.

anyone else got fav memories of italian??? Will any1 else miss this subject? (i think its the only one i will miss!))

Hottieflossy

im going to miss my eccentric year 11 italian teachers who made us laugh so much with their little skits in italian. im going to miss the italian songs, even though we always commented on how lame they were, we didnt think they were that bad and always ended up dancing and singing along. im going to miss my yr 12 italian teacher because i think she truly was the best..she really pushed us to be the best we could in this subject and some people complained about her being like this but it was all for the best.

then there was the fashion parade we had and the study day at leichardt halfway during this year which wasnt all that helpful.

i am gonna miss this subject because after spanish, it was my best subject and i really enjoyed learning it for the past 6 yrs.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'm going to miss the classes, i had so much fun and i doubt i will ever be part of a class like that again

but then again, that was the same for most of my classes i will miss them so much

as for foods - lasagne and ravioli are some of my faves, i will post more when i think of them, and you can add the whole of arls' list to mine as well!

Last edited:

s2ophie

HSC
go TOMBOLA! for some reason our teacher wouldm't let us play it as much in yr11 and 12!

I'll miss my italin class because it is the group of people i went overseas with but the important oned i'll keep in contact with!

I won' miss the amount of homework my teacher made us do though!

arls

our teacher never gave us much really... but yeah, ive made special bonds with the girls in our italian class cause there were only 9 of us, and these are ppl i wouldn't normally be friends, from all different groups at my school, but italian has made some of us really close.

Soph, we didn't play much tombola in yr11/12, as much as we insisted to our teacher that we needed to work on our numbers!!

where did you go in italy soph? iambored, been to italy yet/going in the future?

s2ophie

HSC
I went to italy january 2002. i wrote all about it in one of the threads in this forum if you're interested!

Our teacher pushed us quite hard which was a good thing because hopefully it will pay off. But yeah, we always had homework or a writing or reading task to do.

our teacher had a jar of lollies that we used to get if we won at tombola but at least in yr11/12 you didn't have to win to get the lollies - you'd get them anyway!

Was your class all girls arls? we had 4 guys plus a male teacher and 6 girls.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i have been to italy, i also wrote about it in that same thread, i loved it, but couldn't live there

s2ophie

HSC
i could live there. i think i could live anywhere. why couldn't you live there?

arls

yeah, i went to an all girls school, so there wern't any guys in our class. we had the lolly jar thingy too!! and the same deal, by year 12 we got lollies when my teacher was feeling generous. starbursts!!! mmmmmmmm......

Ill have to check up the other threads to read about where you guys went in Italy... Im a bit of a newbie, so i didnt realise..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
i could live there. i think i could live anywhere. why couldn't you live there?
i doubt i could live anywhere but here. the people are beautiful, but in a way, outta control, some things would just annoy me, such as not being able to cross the road like here and having to just walk while the traffic is going.. argh!

arls

thats sooo true the traffic thingy... i had to hold ppls hands as we crossed the roads in the cities... otherwise i think i wouldve been run over.. they're soooo crazy. And driving, no blinkers for overtaking!! no speed limits!! every1 drove whilst talking on mobile fones, and petrol stations served alcohol!! how weird!

as much as i adore the culture, some things pissed me off.. eg the cigarettes. MY whole family that i stayed with smoked, almost every hour of the day in every room of the house. and it was winter, so they wouldnt open windows to get fresh air... it sucked to the max. Also, they smoked in the car! and the same deal with the house, no windows open. I was a chain passive smoker by the time i left.. almost addicted..

despite this part of the culture, other parts rocked.. eg FOOD YUMMYYY!!! espec hot chockies.. to die for any1 member how gorgeous they were? thick, creamy, and not watery like ours here.

s2ophie

HSC
my teacher had to stop me from walking in front oof a car. Its the whole looking left then right thing got me all confused!

And the smoking is terrible. I opened my suitcase when i got home and the smell of smoke was overpowering. Nobody i went with smoked but everyone round you smoked. it was annoying.

I understand what you mean about the annoying things but i think you would just have to put up with them. You would find them in any country you went to

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i agree, but it's not so bad here. and yeah the food is good! but i suppose that can be something i appreciate when i go there. yeah, smoking everywhere. ew- smoking in the house?!

Kakie

iut would be sooo easy to live in italy for me i absolutely love the culture, everyone assumes im italian cos of my aspetti anyway

best memory of italian lessons would HAVE to be the songs that came from the Ciao course (i dnno what course u guys did but ciao was so cuuute first song we ever learnt was <<c'era una volto un piccolo naviglio c'era una volto un piccolo naviglio c'era una volto un piccolo naviglio e Navigando navigando navigo>> cant remeber the exact words but it was the CUTEST course!!)

Kakie

also yr 12 we had an 8am class so we had brekky! yummy italian brekky! BISCUITS AND COFFEE Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

arls

Originally posted by psycho_mushy
I so wished I took up italian in year 9 dammit! :(
too bad! pick it up in uni.. but you wont get the parties ..heheheh too bad! its the best and funnest subject i do!

psycho_mushy

HSC
I only started liking it in year 11 :( why does everything happen so late!

I'm gonna miss school! but then again... only 2 ppl out of 213 in our form do it.. :)

argh! me want italian and also german!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)