best ever concerts (1 Viewer)

pretti_in_pink

pretti_in_pink
HSC
Has anyone been to a concert or gig that just blew them away, woke up the next morning still smelling from the sweat and with the biggest head ache from the massive speakers blaring in your ears? or the alternative that you were on such a high after you didnt even go to bed that night. tell me about them im interested.

Personly the one that blew me away was probally the dullest, a few years ago i went to my first international band concert where i saw sum41 and new found glory, slightly ashamed at the fact i still listen to some of their stuff now, i was overwhelmed at the time. the whole experience of being bashed around for hours didnt thrill me at first but then getting into it it was great and the fact that i knew every song word for word which i screamed so loud that i lost me voice for 2 days i think is something to remember.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
reel big fish, goldfinger, bagster

that was probably one of the best concerts i have been to

Markazzo

HSC
Have been to many gigs, and many great ones, but my all time favourite was January 2005, The Music at the Enmore Theatre. Energy levels off the charts, such an awesome night.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bowman said:
reel big fish, goldfinger, bagster

that was probably one of the best concerts i have been to
I would agree if RBF and Bagster got cut. Goldfinger were great though

arrested development
HSC
melimoo said:
the strokes. gaelic club. 23/11/05
Bitch. :(

I cried for a whole day when I found out about that show and then realised I couldn't go.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
melimoo said:
the strokes. gaelic club. 23/11/05
you c-word.

mine - ben folds, metro, april last year. ian ball from gomez also joined the gelbison boys onstage for the support set. and that night was also my first experience of BBQ king bbq'd pork. oh. my. god. eargasms and tastegasms on the same night.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Too many good live shows, so hard to narrow it down... some of my favourites:

Coldplay
Interpol, Blondie, Hot Hot Heat, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Flaming Lips, The Strokes + Kings of Leon, PJ Harvey, Franz Ferdinand, Belle & Sebastian
Bright Eyes, The Shins, Interpol

THE BEST:
Sigur Ros @ Enmore Theatre, 2005

Last edited:

charred remains

HSC
Nothing, of all my concerts, has ever beaten A Perfect Circle, at the hordern February 19 2003. So intense, breathtaking, unbelievable...

Adam

HSC
^
|
Was good, but a frontman turning his back on you......for the entire gig......no thanks.

Mine:
Full Scale, Annandale Hotel 07/08/03 - (easily the best gig ever)
Cog, The Metro 15/04/05 - (for the atmoshere most of all)
Queens Of The Stoneage, Enmore Theatre 22/07/05 - (just a really solid gig)
Jack Johnson, Enmore Theatre 04/11/03 - (most relaxed gig ever, not a massive fan since though...)

But waaaay to many to narrow it down....

HSC
tonnes. george clinton + parliament/funkadelic, whatismusic, castings/grey daturas/d. yellow swans, birchville cat motel, diamanda galas, etc...

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I wanted to go to megadeth but couldn't get tickets :( hopefully they'll tour again.

The best gig i went to was the Motley Crue gig in sydney last december. The Casanovas and Motorhead were there too (and wow were they loud). Motley Crue brought out the wall of amplifiers, dancing lesbians, crazy midgets juggling on unicycles, fireworks and tommy lee's "titty cam"...pretty crazy and incredibly loud :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Behemoth, Gaelic Club, 14/1/06. They were an awesome live band. Hobbs, Amenta and Furore were solid, though the rest of the supports were a little shitty. When they came on stage, Nergal said that "We have come here to fuck all of your women, drink all of your alcohol, and to conquer you all”. I can't say much about fucking our women, but they did the rest :D.

The Furore (one of the support acts) *giggles*. If that isn't fucking metal, I don't know what is!

I'm the very sick/tired looking guy being hugged by the semi-bald n' bearded bogan :p. Not exactly a Kodak moment, but unlike my mates this was the only photo that I could find with me in it *cries*.

Last edited:

icecreamdisco

HSC
wire (gaelic club, 3/04), joanna newsom (metro, 10/05), castings/grey daturas/yellow swans (spectrum, 10/05), hot snakes (7/05), isis (2/05) les savy fav (11/04)... lots of great shows i've been to have sorta left a strangely sour aftertaste, but those are the ones i remember that kept me satiated long after they were over.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
no one can wear face make up except Kiss

they rest of the bands look like faggots

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
bowman said:
no one can wear face make up except Kiss

they rest of the bands look like faggots
Are you sure about that? This is what google has to say:

ledzeppelin

HSC
Alice Cooper last year at the Enmore was awesome.
Velvet Revolver at the Hordern were also really good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)