Best engineering school? (1 Viewer)

Winn

HSC
Currently considering doing engineering at the following universities...
ANU, USYD, UNSW, UMEL.

Any recommendations as to which university has the best engineering course? I am considering Telecommunications, Aerospace, Electrical engineering, but still open to other engineering courses too.
It would also be good if they offer double degrees=D

inhinyero

HSC
$8000 pound-euros per semester

Oh! That was a big amount of money, isn't it? can you suggest other universities in sydney that cost not too much per semester but well, still doing a good job in the field of engg?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Oh! That was a big amount of money, isn't it? can you suggest other universities in sydney that cost not too much per semester but well, still doing a good job in the field of engg?
i would heartly recommend UWS, its cost is a microcosm of the UNSYD cost

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
of the utmost senior excellence

inhinyero

HSC
Jb_nc, so where are you studying now? Are you taking up engineering as well? You're from sydney?

Joel8945

HSC
Currently considering doing engineering at the following universities...
ANU, USYD, UNSW, UMEL.

Any recommendations as to which university has the best engineering course? I am considering Telecommunications, Aerospace, Electrical engineering, but still open to other engineering courses too.
It would also be good if they offer double degrees=D
The best thing to do is a general engineering degree at university that YOU like the looks of and allow a year or so of experiencing everything before you choose.

At the moment I'm doing a science degree which allows me to potentially take up majors such as:

- maths (pure or applied) - leading to a MSc in one of those fields

- physics (normal and mathematical physics) - leading to a MSc in a physics, mathematical physics or nanotechnology

- engineering (mechanical, electrical or chemical if I can somehow do some chemistry) - leading to a MEng in one of those fields

The good thing about broad bachelors degrees is that you can look at everything and make a proper choice on majoring in something and then really getting to the real details in a masters or PhD degree.

In my engineering subject next semester we are looking at lightweight structures (we get to build a bridge), circuit theory (and constructing circuits) and projectile motion, whilst this semester we looked at nanotechnology (chemical engineers love to claim this area as theirs, but, apparently it is also an area for physics minds), fluid mechanics and a bit of robotics.

Bottom line if you are 100% sure you want to do - then go for it, but, if your like me, then maybe trying a vast amount of areas is a good idea.

shell.q

HSC
i would recomend wollongong with the programs they have in conjunction with blue scope, but then again unsw says to have the better outcomes with engineering students.
a few people i know have gone to uni newcastle and they said the course was good the to. really i guess it all depends where you live...if ur in the city unsw would be excellent
but if u are north or south and cant afford the accommidation the other two wouldnt be a bad option

Bdogz

HSC
N/A
is sydney uni any good 4 mechatronic engineering??????:uhoh::uhoh:

nemoser15

HSC
Mate it doesn't really matter. Just go to a uni that's easy for you to get to, or one that has an atmosphere you like. All engineering degrees are pretty challenging and UTS, UNSW and USYD all have very similar faculties and I wouldn't say any one is 'better' than the other. All the hype and ad campaigns about being the best uni and stuff is a load of bs just trying to bring in more students.

HECS for engineering courses is $3700 a semester at the moment.

Whatever uni you go to, focus on getting good marks and youll get your fair choice of jobs.

There is always a job for a good engineer.

I don't like UWS but. All engineering disasters have a UWS engineer involved somewhere along the lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)