best commerce major for chem eng (1 Viewer)

mojako

HSC
hi guys
what do you think will be the best comm major to combine with Chem Eng?

I'm thinking of accounting or finance.

Accounting: easy employment, but i dont know if it can be related to chem eng at all (if i work in chem eng company i dont know if my employer will see the accounting as having any value at all)

Finance: maybe i can work as a financial analyst in a chem eng company but i dont really know

If I do accounting, should I choose minor in finance? but then i cant get the CPA recognition - i need to minor in business law

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
I don't really thing there is a 'proper' major for any engineering flavour you do. The two courses alone are completely different and have nothing to do with each other. Any company, be it some electrical medical device place, a mechatronics processing place or some photonics r&d place would benefit from different 'commerce' skills here and there.

That said, i think the strongest/best major for eng/comm would be management. But it's best if you see what you'll end up liking << accounting drives some people insane while others find it interesting. You never know till you try ^ :)

mojako

HSC
is management useful tho?
i heard that it's no good (if its done on its own - not a double degree) because its just theory and you still need experience

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Well that's how it is with everything I suppose ^^. The point I'm trying to make is though, that it doesn't matter which major you do for commerce with respect to which engineering you do.
The thing is, engineers are loved managers, so what better major on your resume would "Management" be :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)