best car to buy at around $7000 (1 Viewer)

SlipStream

HSC
Depends on the condition... but $7k is a big ask for a VL.

Only good VL was the one with the RB30ET in it. What a car!

It's only good cos there's fully sik Skyline power under the bonnet... :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
well if your looking for a smallish car, i got my car auto for 5400

Honda Civic Hatchback
http://www.geocities.com/southcreek_2002/mycar.html

there's a pic, i think its a pretty good deal, honda's are reliable, good on fuel but parts are like 20 bucks more expensive than other cars... i've had my car for 2 years, ive had no problem with it, i just bring it to the mechanics to get it serviced and thats it

it beats getting an old looking celica and a big ford or holden car

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
SlipStream said:
Depends on the condition... but $7k is a big ask for a VL.

Only good VL was the one with the RB30ET in it. What a car!

It's only good cos there's fully sik Skyline power under the bonnet... :p
Why do you say the RB30ET was a good motor? All in all it was sluggish and relatively heavy, though quite reliable. As for the 6-7 K for one, thats what you would be looking at for one in good to perfect condition. Also the Cressida is a much better toyota than the ST162. If you were looking at buying the ST162 for a sport car you would be much better off going with the cressida because the 1JZ motor slips straight in giving optimum power to weight.

SlipStream

HSC
There are that many kits for the VL-spec RB30 that make it so flexible.

And that's what makes it so good.

In stock form, the RB30 wasn't exactly the mut's nuts.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
I've got a '94 Renault. Dunno the details, but it's red, has a fully sic poineer sound system and I'm getting magz. sic oooooooooones.
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick! :cool:

HSC
yeah aye bro i know aye, so fully sic man, oh ma gawd i feel like a kebab aye. maybe ill go down to habibs kebab shop with angelo aye bro, pick up some chiccccks bro, in my fully sick lowered euro car aye man, with my skitz mix volume 56 playing thru my fully sic subwoofas man, all 17 of them aye bro. siiiiiiiic.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
yeah aye bro i know aye, so fully sic man, oh ma gawd i feel like a kebab aye. maybe ill go down to habibs kebab shop with angelo aye bro, pick up some chiccccks bro, in my fully sick lowered euro car aye man, with my skitz mix volume 56 playing thru my fully sic subwoofas man, all 17 of them aye bro. siiiiiiiic.
lmfao so true about skitzmix

but anyway don't diss kebabs! kebabs are goooooooooooooood :)

HSC
Omg i LOVE kebabs. Chicken with lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, tabouli, bbq sauce and hommous. I love the places that toast them as a whole. Mmmmm so fully sic man. Except sometimes the kebab juice drips on my full sic upholstery... not good man.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
Omg i LOVE kebabs. Chicken with lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, tabouli, bbq sauce and hommous. I love the places that toast them as a whole. Mmmmm so fully sic man. Except sometimes the kebab juice drips on my full sic upholstery... not good man.
lol..... i cant tell whether ur being sarcastic there or not :p
anyways i like kebabs jus with beef, lettuce, tomato, onion cheese tabouli and chili sauce
mmm... kebabs
jimmys kebabs @ north parra is teh bestest!

HSC
I was being serious until i got to the kebab juice bit. but that would suck...

ooooh i feel like one now.

On schoolies we found a place called 'best Kebab' and they truely were. So cheap and so good, $6.10 for chicken with everything. But we were so drunk that anything would have tasted good...

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
uhm, could you elaborate on these said "kits".
Ok, CAPA make a kit for the RB30ET in the VL and it's about $6k.

Comes with (from CAPA.com.au): Garrett Ball Bearing GT 35-40 Turbo rated at 600-750hp, 45mm Turbosmart external wastegate, Stainless turbo manifold, stainless dump pipe, oil feed, oil drain water cooling lines plus all gaskets.

Yoink:

I just went to Google and typed in "rb30 kits" and this popped up.

I think Nizpro do a kit for the RB30, too. Maybe Turbosmart.

These ones are good quality kits. There are quite a few bodjy parts-bin kits for the RB30, too.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Im on the verge of buying a car too,, if we move to kellyville, thats like 6km from a decent bus station and 15 km from train = (

I think Excel is biggest bargain - about 7000 dollars with 60000 km
- cheapest one i saw sofar was a 2000 model, 56000km and only 5000 dollars

then Kia Rio - about 9000 dollars with 60,000 km

then Ford Laser 1996 model - about 10000 dollars and has 60,000 km

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
If you want something with a bit of guts id say a 1990-1994 ford laser TX3 4WD Turbo...should be able to get one for 6-7g, if you live in sydney you should be able to find one. if you are after something just to get you around i recon nothing beats an old 1990-1994 laser or carolla, cheap to run and heaps of parts avalibale 3000-4000 should get you a good 1, save the rest for drinks.

adsta

HSC
countrydude said:
If you want something with a bit of guts id say a 1990-1994 ford laser TX3 4WD Turbo...should be able to get one for 6-7g, if you live in sydney you should be able to find one. if you are after something just to get you around i recon nothing beats an old 1990-1994 laser or carolla, cheap to run and heaps of parts avalibale 3000-4000 should get you a good 1, save the rest for drinks.
Yeah the TX3 turbo is a good car.

I'm looking at getting a mazda astina though (a 93 model). They cost around 6-7K.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)