Best building on campus (1 Viewer)

Pick!

• Total voters

neafoo

HSC
lol i chose the quad for 'architectually' but i really like the carslaw building (especially when it rains :) ) for everything else. It even has my favourite vending machines :D:D:D:DD

neafoo

HSC
but its nice and dim. and its even darker when it rains, so i like it even more ;D
+ i like the area on the 3rd floor just outside with those cone things and the seats all around. The Tutorial rooms remind me of highschool a bit much though lol.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Because the poll is for architecture I voted Quad. But I actually prefer OTC overall, because it has nice interiors and spacious tute rooms and clean toilets and pleasant courtyards, whereas the Quad's teaching spaces are generally pretty dingy.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
politik said:
I've got to visit this 'University of Sydney' for its overt ability to breed students with predisposition to create threads to rank useless blocks of mortar.
Sandstone, it's sandstone.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
politik said:
I've got to visit this 'University of Sydney' for its overt ability to breed students with predisposition to create threads to rank useless blocks of mortar.
You must have forgotten my little rant (or ten) in the UNSW chat thread, about the Applied Science building. I believe at one time, there was a small discussion going about which buildings at UNSW were good, and bad. I think it was semi-popular.

In conclusion, Politik - suck my penis.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Transient is the corrugated iron one behind Chemistry. It was built for temporary use by soldiers during World War I, but it's now heritage-listed so the uni can't get rid of it. Architecture, god knows. Somewhere on the engineering side of Darlington campus.

HSC
The quadrangle. The perfect place to sit, stare dreamily at the sky and think. The gargoyles' eyes appear demonic, though.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
the architects ironically designed the facade of the architecture building to be shithouse

tennille

HSC
There's an organic chemistry building of the other side of the quadrangle?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
The door into the vice-chancellor's garden on the left of Pharmacy has 'Organic Chemistry' written over it, but I thought it was just a throwback to some old building, not one that actually still exists.

neafoo

HSC
Triangulum said:
The door into the vice-chancellor's garden on the left of Pharmacy has 'Organic Chemistry' written over it, but I thought it was just a throwback to some old building, not one that actually still exists.
is that near that nice little garden thats usually pretty vacant with that cat statue thing?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
According to a bunch of documents I read once upon a time, that white building on the other side of the VC garden was once a chemistry building, that got the name 'organic chemistry' Obviously, it's no longer used for organic chem. The general lecture theatre was built for teaching chemistry, according to some of those heritage documents on the USyd website.

Also: http://www.facilities.usyd.edu.au/afm/reports/heritage.cfm - No transient building listed, strangely. :\

Transient is the corrugated iron one behind Chemistry. It was built for temporary use by soldiers during World War I, but it's now heritage-listed so the uni can't get rid of it. Architecture, god knows. Somewhere on the engineering side of Darlington campus.
...I think they were referring to the poll. As in, why aren't these buildings on the poll?

Architecture is located down past that building they're constructing next to Wentworth, opposite that 'old school' building, or whatever it is.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
neafoo said:
is that near that nice little garden thats usually pretty vacant with that cat statue thing?
Not sure if there's a cat in there, but there are a couple of statues of nymphs or something like that.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
...I think they were referring to the poll. As in, why aren't these buildings on the poll?
Oh, good point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)