BEng/BSc(Adv) (1 Viewer)

nanashi

HSC
what is the course structure of this combined degree?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Check the engo handbook. You can pretty much alter things around as much as you want, so long as everything gets done.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Basically engineering degree with science subjects taking up the electives.

Should you choose to major in something that requires more than junior chem and/or phys, you might need to overload in first year to get that requirement down.

nanashi

HSC
a question i forgot:
because i got an offer for BEng/BSci (UAC code 511770) but i want to do science adv (i have sufficient UAI for science adv), do i just need to enrol at engineering and tell them that i want sci adv, or do i have to go to the science faculty and say that i want adv?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
From what I understand you can buggerise around a lot to get advanced, but it's not really worth it when if you do the right subs to qualify for adv you can get it at graduation anyway.

Tabanacle

HSC
what do u plan to major in for science adv? just make sure you do (some or all) of those subjects in first yr. btw u DO NOT need to do any first yr advanced subjects only 2nd and 3rd yr advanced subjects. (i.e 29xx and 39xx subjects)

and read both handbooks and you'll figure it out.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
If you do the right (ie adv) subjects, then you should get BSc (Adv). Otherwise, go bugger admin until you're in.

Technically I could only transfer to BSc (ie dropping BE), but I told them I wanted BSc (Adv) and they obliged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)