• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ben Elton Anyone? (1 Viewer)

phatinc

HSC
I must say, Ben Elton must be one of my favourite authors, the ingenuity of each of his books facinates me more and more into the human psyche while also giving me a great laugh.

Well actually i've only read one of his books and in the process of reading another right now, so i can't really give a recommendation. But if your interested, some books that are written by him and i've heard good things about include
This Other Eden
Past Mortem
Popcorn
Dead Famous

while i'm at it, if you've read any of his books, what did you think? too weird? too improbable? down right funny?

nwatts

HSC
I also read The First Casualty of his, also good.

He's a great writer. I find him so black in his comedy yet still such a compelling read. Brings that tired detective thriller genre to nice new levels.

Emph

HSC
Yep I read 'The First Casualty'. I liked it alright.

For anyone doing HSC modern history reading this book it a practical way to revise the Core Topic : WW1. I plan on reading it again before trials- if my teacher ever gives it back to me....!

angelfromabuv

HSC
How do you think Dead Famous would work as a related text to Frontline for "Telling the Truth"? funniest book go read it
U guys reckon i could use Picasso's Guernica as another text as well :confused:? hmm

study for trials isn't going so crash hot hope ur all doin better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)