Belonging Text Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Inverse

HSC
Hey guys,
So my school's set text is The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. Basically To sum it up, it deals with discrimination, cultural identity, familial relations and migration I guess. Any suggestions of a related text with a similar thematic focus? (Just for backup in case one doesn't fit criteria)

Thanks heaps! Much appreciated :)
- Inverse

PS: Good luck with HSC exams as of tomorrow everyone! Hope you all get your desired Atar/course and uni preference. :)

Last edited:

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
The Kite Runner if you want to ball your eyes out. Anything by Khaled Hosseini is absolutely tragic but amazing for Belonging.

Edit: Also, there shouldn't be 6 people looking at this thread at this time of the night. Go to bed kids!

madharris

HSC
N/A
push by sapphire
or alternatively the film version - precious :)

buckyball1996

HSC
N/A
I heard Sarah Gavron's Brick Lane is a good one! Any opinions? Anyone have any good analysis?

Inverse

HSC
Life of David Gale is a good one! Could fit The Namesake, but it suits more with conflicting perspectives imo. Damn, too many good ones to have as a backup, but too little time.. Thanks for the suggestions guys! :D

Last edited:

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Isn't it a bit late to be looking for related texts? The AOS exam is tomorrow. Don't forget you can disagree with the statement and talk about what suits the text you've already got.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
The Kite Runner if you want to ball your eyes out. Anything by Khaled Hosseini is absolutely tragic but amazing for Belonging.

Edit: Also, there shouldn't be 6 people looking at this thread at this time of the night. Go to bed kids![/QUOTE]

Says one of the 6 looking at this thread that late at night :p

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC

Edit: Also, there shouldn't be 6 people looking at this thread at this time of the night. Go to bed kids![/QUOTE]

Says one of the 6 looking at this thread that late at night :p
HEY! I got home at 1:30 after a night out and decided to help out :p Be appreciative :haha:

P.S. Yeah, I leave clubs early. I'm that guy.

SuperMike96

HSC
I'm doing "The Namesake" as well. My main related text is "Fight Club" (even though it is very different to "The Namesake"). They both discuss belonging to society, America, alienation, and belonging through time (probably a lot of other similarities to do with belonging). It's probably a bit late for you to study the whole movie though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)