Belonging Relateds (1 Viewer)

K

khorne

Hey lads, can anyone hook me up with some advice?

I am doing Em. Dick poems for belonging and have considered the following RTs, but am open to suggestion:

Walden
Brokeback mountain
Love songs of J.A.Prufrock
Wally (so lame)
Dumb-Nirvana

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
You can rule out Nirvana, songs are harder to analyse imo because you have to look at the musical aspects of the text as well (eg. tempo).

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I did:

The Giver - Lois Lowry

Kevin Rudd's Sorry Speech

K

khorne

I think i'm just looking for something cheap to get me through trials for belonging. I can analyse music techniques for songs, so thats no problem.

What prescribed text did you have iruler?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I also had dickinson poems, used these 2: "This is my letter to the world" and "I had been hungry all the years"

If you want you can contact me on msn and I'll send over my essay, it was decent :p

K

khorne

Yeah thanks iruler :) I'll hit you up later tonight. I keep tryin to rep you, but need to spread. :( I am interested in the sorry speech...

and One night the moon sounds really good :) thanks guys

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Yeah thanks iruler :) I'll hit you up later tonight. I keep tryin to rep you, but need to spread. :( I am interested in the sorry speech...

My english teacher used it for our Australian Experience Unit last month and she said it is a really good text for yr 12

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

lol dw, and yeah whenever you want.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You already have me on msn :/ I got rid of the irulerr email, dw i'll contact you in a bit lol

K

khorne

Another question, how easy is it to just write and remember an essay? I mean, there are so many texts the questions have to be pretty general for any bought trials, right?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Another question, how easy is it to just write and remember an essay? I mean, there are so many texts the questions have to be pretty general for any bought trials, right?
Remembering a essay you need to be fairly general so you can adapt it to the question/s

LonelyWolf

HSC
does it matter if you use prescribed texts as your related? Just for my trial exams I'm using "Raw" by Scott Monk, i really don't have the time to analyse any others. Obviously for the actual HSC i'll change it, but is it still ok?

jamesfirst

HSC
does it matter if you use prescribed texts as your related? Just for my trial exams I'm using "Raw" by Scott Monk, i really don't have the time to analyse any others. Obviously for the actual HSC i'll change it, but is it still ok?
Probably not recommended.. Even for the trials. Dude you don't need to analyse it in "depth". You just need to understand the text and know the techniques. Max you need .... 7 quotes from your related? ??

K

khorne

Probably not recommended.. Even for the trials. Dude you don't need to analyse it in "depth". You just need to understand the text and know the techniques. Max you need .... 7 quotes from your related? ??
Not even. I'd prepare one related text I knew a bit about, and one slightly general one. That way if they only ask for one, you still have stuff to talk about. COnsidering your essay should be 60% prescribed and 40% related (or there abouts) you really don't need to know much...maybe 4 decent quotes/examples for each, and 4 extra for the one you know more about.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I did that for all my essays, all I did was change a sentence or two, maybe in the start of the paragraph, add something in the middle, and re-reference it to the question at the end, depends really, whatever you're used to stick to it, best way.

fxjkhr

HSC
I'm doing As you Like it as the Belonging core and Michael Moore's film Bowling for columbine and "Bullet in the head" by Rage Against the Machine as relateds

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't do a song. Pretty hard to analyse.

My main text is Skrzynecki (evil) and my related text is the Hunchback of Notre Dame...just going with something very familiar to make it easy to remember quotes and write about it. And I wouldn't memorise an essay, the whole point of the HSC now is to think outside the box.

kBOS

HSC
N/A
which are easier to analyse, and which are easier to gain marks upon - poems or songs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)