Belonging Question Predictions. (1 Viewer)

Kieran95

HSC
Haha! It's actually not that bad though. It may seem daunting at first, but moulding essays into speeches is less arduous than the aforementioned question.
How exactly should you mould an essay and/or creative into a speech?

Last edited:

Aeonstorm

HSC
If the creative is a speech, don't mold your story, just write a new speech. Moulding an essay into a speech is much easier - just pretend some literary critic or perhaps the author is speaking at the Sydney Writer's Festival or something, and continue on with your essay with a couple of speech techniques thrown in.

mike12345678

HSC
hey guys,

can i agree and disagree within a question?
because parts of 'feliks skyrznecki" it has both parts of belong whilst other parts are not belonging so in a question can i refer to both.
e.g the HSC question

‘An individual’s interaction with others and the world around them can enrich or limit their
experience of belonging.’
Discuss this view with detailed reference to your prescribed text and ONE other related text of
your own choosing.

even though it says or can we still speak about both???

deswa1

HSC
Yeah of course you can disagree. Just make your stance clear in the opening so you don't talk yourself into a circle

Roy216

HSC
hey guys,

can i agree and disagree within a question?
because parts of 'feliks skyrznecki" it has both parts of belong whilst other parts are not belonging so in a question can i refer to both.
e.g the HSC question

‘An individual’s interaction with others and the world around them can enrich or limit their
experience of belonging.’
Discuss this view with detailed reference to your prescribed text and ONE other related text of
your own choosing.

even though it says or can we still speak about both???
In this one yes because what it's saying is you can be enriched with one thing and limited with another thing, so it's Peter's interaction with Australia and learning its culture that has limited his belonging to his father whereas feliks' understanding of Polish customs and shared experiences allows him to belong to Poland and his friends

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
What about the question ask for two aspects, but I write a essay that has all aspects include the question ask me to write. ( exclude the experience.relationship,..which has already asked in the past exam)

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
I love us 2012 HSC'ers. Not going to lie, but you guys are extremely perceptive and aware of everything, as in figuring out which syllabus dot points haven't been questioned.
Might sound sappy, but I'm proud of you all and your effort!

Just a question, anyone doing Dickinson's poems? Because if the question has something to do with culture ... how do any of her poem's express culture?

deswa1

HSC
What about the question ask for two aspects, but I write a essay that has all aspects include the question ask me to write. ( exclude the experience.relationship,..which has already asked in the past exam)
The idea is to answer the question on the day. If the question asks for belonging to community and you write about belonging to place, relationships with others, identity, perceptions etc. then yes you will get marked down and so you should because what you are doing is pretty much just writing a memorised essay word for word. On the day, you have to look at the question and then adapt your memorised response to suit that question- like cut out bits not relevant etc.

kwu1

HSC
The idea is to answer the question on the day. If the question asks for belonging to community and you write about belonging to place, relationships with others, identity, perceptions etc. then yes you will get marked down and so you should because what you are doing is pretty much just writing a memorised essay word for word. On the day, you have to look at the question and then adapt your memorised response to suit that question- like cut out bits not relevant etc.
This.

ylhd

HSC
Do you guys think the question could be on events?

2xL

HSC
Hoping for belonging to communities; that would be really nice. Identity would be a bit harder..but manageable. Attitudes towards belonging I would really struggle with.

2xL

HSC
Ahhh, I have a feeling it's gonna revolve around this dot point.

the ways in which exploring the concept and significance of belonging may broaden and deepen their understanding of themselves and their world.

That would destroy me.

deswa1

HSC
Oh haha that would be the biggest wank of an essay but I'd like that tbh. Basically through studying belonging, I have gained insights into fifty billion things (its importance in the determination of identity, our intrinsic need to belong, to understand others etc.) and through these insights I have come to a greater understanding of my humanity and the world around me.

2xL

HSC
Oh haha that would be the biggest wank of an essay but I'd like that tbh. Basically through studying belonging, I have gained insights into fifty billion things (its importance in the determination of identity, our intrinsic need to belong, to understand others etc.) and through these insights I have come to a greater understanding of my humanity and the world around me.
Adaptation is key. Most people memorise and adapt. It's whether the marker picks it up from your writing..ahhhhhh. But I agree, the dot point is certainly a bit more "bs-able" since its more open and viable for a variety of interpretations.

deswa1

HSC
Adaptation is key. Most people memorise and adapt. It's whether the marker picks it up from your writing..ahhhhhh. But I agree, the dot point is certainly a bit more "bs-able" since its more open and viable for a variety of interpretations.
Personally, I reckon this would be heaps easy to adapt a memmed essay to. Just look at the crux of your essay and then basically shape it in that I have learnt all of the things in this essay through studying belonging and that has made me a better human being (lol its the biggest BS but you'd get marks)

kevin321

HSC
does anyone know what was the independant paper question for section 3?
or could anyone give me a practice question?

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
If the belonging question is predicted to be communities, what is the difference between 'community' and 'society'?

I ask this because my prescribed text doesn't make direct reference to a specific community, but rather the relationship to society as a whole ... What do I do?

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
If the belonging question is predicted to be communities, what is the difference between 'community' and 'society'?

I ask this because my prescribed text doesn't make direct reference to a specific community, but rather the relationship to society as a whole ... What do I do?
same thing

manscux

HSC
Hi guys.... i think i know how many texts they will specify for belonging.....

I think that they will say at least one other related and one text from the comprehension section... this is what they did in 2007 (one year before syllabus changed.. just like us)

While this is a guess... it holds some weight

:)

mirinbrah1

HSC
hopefully something broad like "show that belonging can emerge from connections with people, places and communites"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)