Belonging Question Predictions. (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
Greetings,
I was reviewing the previous examinations pertaining to belonging and was wondering, hypothetically, what this years paper would be predicated on. Personally, I believe that connections to community may make an appearance. What do you think?
I hope that comes up

wootwoot1234

HSC
Or perchance the fates truly despise us and we get asked to write a speech for conflicting perspectives. *shudder*
If they do ask you to write a speech or any other text type, for that matter, what would happen if you decide to write an essay anyway? Would you be penalised or lose marks? Anyway, what would you guys do in this situation: essay or wing it with the prescribed text type?

SanjoyM

HSC
If they do ask you to write a speech or any other text type, for that matter, what would happen if you decide to write an essay anyway? Would you be penalised or lose marks? Anyway, what would you guys do in this situation: essay or wing it with the prescribed text type?
You should also adhere to the textual form of the prescribed text type.
Yes, writing an essay instead of a speech will inevitably result in the deduction of marks

SanjoyM

HSC
Speeches aren't that bad to write- that essay would be a shocker imo. I would probs take the line that through conflicting perspectives, we come to the conclusion that no matter the extent of a representation, conflicting views will always have some sort of say- like you can't make your piece SO one sided that all other views are non-existent. This is a limitation of representation etc.
Yup:) Exactly my line of thought as well
Representation also (as you said) provides insight into inherently baised narratives, which obscures the veracity of truth and depictions - hinder views into diverse dicourses within the globe

anthony95

HSC
After examining the syllabus theres one thing they have not asked:

"How ones attitude to belonging is modified over time"

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
I got challenges and opportunities for my trial :p

do you think it would be an essay or speech?

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Wouldn't mind one about self identity or experiences of belonging changing with experience...hell to no if it's community or technology or that.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I hope it's an easy question with an easy text type that's not an essay. Like a speech or something...

umm what

Banned
HSC
N/A
Greetings,
I was reviewing the previous examinations pertaining to belonging and was wondering, hypothetically, what this years paper would be predicated on. Personally, I believe that connections to community may make an appearance. What do you think?
Aishwariya Rai <3

Alkanes

HSC
Identity would be ok. Hopefully asks for identity in creative too :)

crazy_paki123

HSC
if its culture, identity, place or how attitudes change ill be ecstatic

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
and what about if it's on technology? Hmm?

mistress-mine

Premium Member
HSC
I very much doubt they would ask an essay question specifically devoted to technology, as it is not included in the syllabus. Also, the HSC questions appear to be of a general disposition, in that specific elements of individual texts aren't asked. However, in spite of this section one may be grounded in technology, and if so, I sincerely hope it is also linked with community.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I'm pinning my hopes on community, identity or relationships.
No way they would ask for places, seeing as it was used for both the 2010 and 2011 HSC.

jane bubble

HSC
What do you think are the chances of the creative? Do you think they will specify a diff type, like a speech?

ArguablyMitch

HSC
The belonging creative could possibly be about technology (my trial was), but certainly not the essay. For example, how on earth would one write any kind of substantial piece on technology in Shakespeare's As You Like It?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)