• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Belonging Question Help (1 Viewer)

balzac

HSC
How are the perceptions of belonging shaped by personal, cultural, historical and social contexts?

i understand personal but cultural is a little more difficult... and context
if i am doing shakespeare As You Like It, A Beautiful Mind, and Green Spandex by Xavier Rudd

thanks for any help

Whitelegs

HSC
Only thing I could think of with cultural is how different cultures undermine how people can interact, such as women and men being in different levels of social class etc. But I'm no genius and I can't really expand on it much more hope it gives you an idea though

raniaaa

:)
HSC
heyy
so i havn't actually seen/read any of your texts but i'll give you examples from mine.
cultural context well in my set text the guy and his family are polish migrants living in australia and he describes the sense of alienation from australian society due to this cultural barrier. so if any of your texts have differing cultures in them you could mention how that acts as a barrier towards belonging.
historical- depending on the time period of the author's writing. maybe the notion of belong/not belonging would have been expressed differently 100 years ago. look at the context of both the text itself (i.e. where the plot is occuring, characters involved etc.) and also of the author you might see some similarities there.
social- type of society the text is set in, as whitelegs mentioned social classes etc.

and yeahhh that's all i can think of, goodluck :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)