Belonging Essay? Help??? (1 Viewer)

SophxMusic

HSC
Okay so I'm attempting to write an essay for Belonging, I have texts that fit very well (we're doing as you like it) and I'm wondering how I can make my essay very adaptable?
Basically my thesis is:
As human beings we are driven by inherent desire to form connections with the world in which we live- however, it is not these connections which hold value but the ability that they give an individual to explore and discover their own identity. Not only is our perception of ourselves shaped by our links to the world and all that comprises it, but an individual's unique history and context also vastly shapes how they perceive themselves. This history may present obstacles which initially limits the connections that may be made, though the impossibility of the situation is merely self-imposed based on stereotypes or social expectations.

Very crudely worded, but you get the idea.
I figure the 'connections' can hit all 5 types of belonging (people, place, groups, communities and the world at large), and I have context as well as barriers/choices not to belong.
Does this seem like a fairly adaptable essay? Any ideas to improve/ tips for preparing?
Thank you :)

Gamerooner

HSC
I'm not going to try to improve your essay, but hypothetically: what if the HSC asks you to "demonstrate how the authors of your texts show the fore ideas about belonging?"

I realised you've talked about barriers and limitations that can prevent you from belonging, but does it work with or relate to belonging specifically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)