Bellydancing (1 Viewer)

ninipop

HSC
Hey does anyone know of any bellydancing classes in Sydney, especially around the North Shore???? I have been taking classes in England on my gap year for the past 2 months and its such good fun and really good exercise. Plus I have been given an amazing belt as a present so I want to continue on dancing when I get back to Australia in December!!!
Before you all start laughing - its a fantastic workout while having the best time!!

HSC
N/A
The biggest one I know of is Amera's Palace in Newtown. I think there are also a few good places in the city, at the big studios like DanceCentral. There are a few bellydance teachers advertised via those community college type places, but in my opinion the teaching quality there is really really geared towards recreational dance - it almost never leaves 'beginner' standard.

There's also a studio in Hornsby - I used to train there. The teacher is very nice, but it's a little on the recreational side (which is fine for most people, though). If you want more info pm me and I'll give you the teacher's number :)

If you find a good bellydancing studio elsewhere on the north shore, let me know!!!

PS: If you've never had a coinbelt before, get yourself two pairs of needle-nosed pliers - coinbelts make awesome noise but they are in almost constant need of repair :(

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
ninipop said:
Hey does anyone know of any bellydancing classes in Sydney, especially around the North Shore???? I have been taking classes in England on my gap year for the past 2 months and its such good fun and really good exercise. Plus I have been given an amazing belt as a present so I want to continue on dancing when I get back to Australia in December!!!
Before you all start laughing - its a fantastic workout while having the best time!!
Woah, i thought there wasnt anyone on this forum who appreciated bellydancing until i saw this post. I'm a male, so yeah, i dont actually bellydance, but i love to watch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)