Being Healthy vs. Dieting (1 Viewer)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Born Dancer said:
ok so here is the situation.
im 60kg, and approx 167cm tall.

i must have a very very very fast metabolism because i eat so much crap and dont really exercise. oh and i probably didnt drink much water.

given my bad habits and particularly that i dont want to die before im 40, ive started to eat healthily and exercise. i go for 45min walks at least 3 times a week, im off all soft drink, replace white bread with wholemeal, icecream with frozen yoghurt and dont eat any fast food.

my general diet now consists of:
- 2 pieces of wholemeal toast for breakfast + a glass of milo or juice
- yoghurt + fruit + sometimes snakatas for inbetween meals
- a salad sandwich and a piece of fruit for lunch
- whatever my mum cooks for dinner
- frozen yoghurt for dessert (i eat this in a mug so that the portion size is considerably smaller)
- i drink at least 1 bottle of water per day

my problem concerns losing weight.
i am doing this not because i want to lose weight, but because i want to be healthy. im assuming that this will have implications on my weight though. i dont particularly want to lose it. this is probably obscure to ask on an internet forum, but from reading the above do you think its likely that i will lose massive amounts of weight by doing this, and if so, how can i combat it?
It depends how long you've kept this general diet up, and how 'unhealthy' you were before this. I made the same switch as you, and have lost 10 kilos over two years. So it might take longer to notice any drastic changes (der). :)

markz

HSC

I am the diet master.

My diet advice : Be smart, dont starve yourself. Also fruit/dairy is over rated for "health".

Last edited:

vintage.love

HSC
N/A
markz said:
My diet advice : Be smart, dont starve yourself. Also fruit/dairy is over rated for "health".
huh? what dyou mean? why is fruit and dairy over rated?

markz

HSC
vintage.love said:
huh? what dyou mean? why is fruit and dairy over rated?
In hindsight maybe not the best comment..but people usually attribute health ONLY to fruit and low fat milk/yoghurt/cheese

The sugers that comprise those 2 categories are not the greatest for refilling your muscles (put simply). And they go in no direction towards helping metabolize fat (fat and protein takes care of that).

This summer I'll be even more ripped +5kg :santa:

Tess653

HSC
make sure you keep an eye on your weight, because you can lose weight without serious dieting even if you're a healthy weight already.

you're pretty comfortably in the healthy range, but i had a bmi of 18, and then after i started going to the gym i lost a kilo, and that was about two weeks later

vintage.love

HSC
N/A
markz said:
In hindsight maybe not the best comment..but people usually attribute health ONLY to fruit and low fat milk/yoghurt/cheese

The sugers that comprise those 2 categories are not the greatest for refilling your muscles (put simply). And they go in no direction towards helping metabolize fat (fat and protein takes care of that).

This summer I'll be even more ripped +5kg :santa:
alright then. i dont get it but alrightey.

oh yea, you might wanna take down your pic cos it's like.. freaky. and your pants are too low.

markz

HSC
vintage.love said:
alright then. i dont get it but alrightey.

oh yea, you might wanna take down your pic cos it's like.. freaky. and your pants are too low.
LMAO this is BOS....unless I start going to libraries in the city/north sydney i doubt there will be anyone who cares comming up to me and being like omgomgo i recognise u off bos. And my face isnt even yellow :ninja:

vintage.love

HSC
N/A
markz said:
LMAO this is BOS....unless I start going to libraries in the city/north sydney i doubt there will be anyone who cares comming up to me and being like omgomgo i recognise u off bos. And my face isnt even yellow :ninja:
okie dokes.

any more diet advice diet master?

(we're on the same post count lol)

markz

HSC
vintage.love said:
okie dokes.

any more diet advice diet master?

(we're on the same post count lol)
I felt obliged to reply seeing how you one upped me :mad1:

Anyways theres no real "tips" or advice I can give besides knowledge on how gaining/losing fat and muscle work, which takes hours of reading to really comprehend. Alternatively I would find some sort of trainer who knows what there talking about (a lot harder then it sounds lol) and they should help you out. Realistic goals are important too - both short and long term.

PM me if you want some more info or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)