Before School Classes (1 Viewer)

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
I just saw my 2009 timetable yesterday and found out that I have a morning class starting at 7:50am on tuesday on my two week cycle timetable. School normally starts at 8:50.

Does this happen to other schools? Cause this is the first time I've seen a timetable that starts on period 0. I'm in year 11 this year.

Does your school's timetable operate in cycles also? i.e Week A and Week B.

This is all new to me so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Misericorde

HSC
I thought morning classes were pretty common in every school, unless a school is particularly good at timetabling and can fit everybody into perfect lines. They're well-known in ours, in any case, and I've been to morning classes for accelerated IPT for the past two years.

And same with Week A and B cycles.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Yeah, it's normal. I used to go into school for Music at 7:30am Tuesday, and did VET entertainment on Mondays from 3:30pm till 5:30pm (unless there was a show running).

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
Thanks everyone. lol I thought I was falling behind and needed additional classes and so had morning classes. looks like I'll be getting up very early every two weeks. lol a friend of mine has four periods of morning classes.

jet

Banned
HSC
I used to have morning classes 4 days a week - 2 for 4unit maths with the year 12s and 2 for SOR (because all the 1 unit lines were taken up). They went from 7:30 - 8:30.

In term 4 it changed to 2 mornings 7:30 - 8:30 SOR, and 1 afternoon 3:30 (we finish 3:13) to 5:30-6ish 4 unit english. The bad thing was that the afternoon was the same day as one of the morning classes.

We have the two-week system, but they're week 1 and 2, not A and B.

shantu1992

HSC
lol that many extras hours of school must be really annoying.
lol not really you get used to it
plus my whole timeable in teh middle of the day was empty lol
so yeah haha that many study periods!
enjoy the prelim year!

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A
lol not really you get used to it
plus my whole timeable in teh middle of the day was empty lol
so yeah haha that many study periods!
enjoy the prelim year!
thanks. I only have 2 study periods on fridays on week B. :mad1:
btw I nice signature.

shantu1992

HSC
btw I nice signature.

oh lol your school has week A week B haha nicee..
dont worry you will probably get more next year
if your drop any subjects or pick up and more extensions
haha and thanks (Y)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Lol, because of VET Entertainment I had to stay back to run a show quite often. Latest I ever stayed back was about 1:30am, got home at 2. And I had Music early that day.

That was one long-arsed day.

shantu1992

HSC
Lol, because of VET Entertainment I had to stay back to run a show quite often. Latest I ever stayed back was about 1:30am, got home at 2. And I had Music early that day.

That was one long-arsed day.
what :S latest 1:30?? whyy?
my schol when we have afternoon classses we get let go at 4:30..

Freckles14

HSC
Haha, in my prelim year I had one free period a fortnight: A Week Tuesday, period four. Thank God that I dropped Ancient which brought my total of frees up to ten a fortnight.

We have period zeros as well - the theory is that for every zero, you get a free BUT that is an outright lie! (Unless you take, say, Retail.) Zeros start at 8 AM for us (50 minute periods most days). They're really common, most schools have them now I think.

The worst are period sevens, but I think I was the only one who had them (Extension subject class of one) = 3:10 until 4:00. The worst day ever was an eight period day with no frees and two assessment tasks :|

Our timetable is slightly different with the hours we put in each day - Tuesday and Wednesday for instance are early leave days for everyone (unless they take extension/TAFE classes or go to Scripture).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)