becoming a surgeon (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
100 % Agree, be a lawyer or acturial etc, if all u want is money.
no jobs for lawyers :( my tutor said that unless you realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy love law, don't do it, theres no jobs. And then to paint us a very motivating picture of where our lives are headed, he told us that when he came to Australia there was only 700 law students, and today there are 30 000...

:(

should probably add that i was told by a solicitor that less then 5% of lawyers make more than 50g a year, and i think i believe him since my old teacher was a lawyer/teacher/busdriver :S

so that being said, having picked a career because i like it, i am now concerned about my future -.-" i mean sure shes going into it for the wrong reasons, but maybe her passion is having money so she can enjoy her life outside of work ( ie: less hours/more family time / travelling / etc etc. )

But I agree, doctors do have to be quite old before they start bringing in the cash. My dad didnt till he was in his late 30's. And before that all he ever did was study. Though I guess it was a bit different for us since we came from overseas. The respect you get from people, however, when they realise you're a doctor, is unmatchable.

Would also like to add. Since you want to be a surgeon and not a doctor, it will take quite a bit of time. Youre going to have a tonne of exams to do from my experience. They also cost a few grand each time you sit them. =S

Last edited:

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
lol sounds obviously like a troll but i'll bite.

firstly, if u think med is hard to get into wait until u try to get into a surgical specialty. it's this reason why so many ppl change their minds throughout med school on what specialty they want to do. most ppl at the start of med school are like "OMG BRAIN SURGEON OMG OPHTHALMOLOGIST OMG RADIOLOGIST" before they learn that these specialties are nigh impossible to get into.

secondly, med sucks for money. go commerce/dent if u want to earn money. w/ med ur only rich when ur like 50. until then ur just getting abused/bossed around by seniors on minimal pay.

lastly female surgeons are extremely rare. not sure nor do i care about the exact reason, but presumably it's something about having kids.

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
In the wise words of xXmuffin0manXx,

Better to have the know-it-all ace surgeon who chases money, than a surgeon who has 50/50 chance of killing his patient, yet loves his job.
You know, someone who chases a course for money will not enjoy the course as much as somebody who is doing it as a passion. As a result, their will be wide performance differences.

This is the big misunderstanding. People think 'oohh if it pays well, i'll put in more effort and beat everybody else'. It doesn't work that way.

It is people like OP who I hold contempt for. Undeserving people who do jobs just for the money.

whoisthis

HSC
N/A
You know, someone who chases a course for money will not enjoy the course as much as somebody who is doing it as a passion. As a result, their will be wide performance differences.

This is the big misunderstanding. People think 'oohh if it pays well, i'll put in more effort and beat everybody else'. It doesn't work that way.

It is people like OP who I hold contempt for. Undeserving people who do jobs just for the money.
lol funny thing is medicine is an awful choice of course to do for money.

luv2luvurmama

HSC
hahahahahahah you idiot money buys happiness
I swear to god, this guys is bbj, or some MASSSIVE troll, no body with a brain the size of a pea, would be this pro-israel, anti islamic, and a zionist to this level. I mean with that comment you just insulted your gay ass race, and when i bag out ur shit religion, you dont even do anything, its as if when i talk about how good the holocaust was, and what a shit religion judaism is, you get happy. I AM 93 % SURE BLASTUS IS INFACT A PAKI MUSLIM BY THE NAME of BBJ. or an epic jew hating troll.

Shoot4stars

HSC
If money is your desire, you will probably get their and be very rich, but when your 60 years old, and will be alone you will regret it that you chased money your entire life, and will die a lonely death.
Twisted rebel you boring fuck , you sound like a old man , money makes the world go around by all means chase a job that will get u rich not like this wanker go fall in love with your mum ... homo :D

twistedrebel

HSC
I swear to god, this guys is bbj, or some MASSSIVE troll, no body with a brain the size of a pea, would be this pro-israel, anti islamic, and a zionist to this level. I mean with that comment you just insulted your gay ass race, and when i bag out ur shit religion, you dont even do anything, its as if when i talk about how good the holocaust was, and what a shit religion judaism is, you get happy. I AM 93 % SURE BLASTUS IS INFACT A PAKI MUSLIM BY THE NAME of BBJ. or an epic jew hating troll.
its nolan, not BBJ
Twisted rebel you boring fuck , you sound like a old man , money makes the world go around by all means chase a job that will get u rich not like this wanker go fall in love with your mum ... homo :D
I dont need to chase a job, i ll be rich in my chosen field no matter what, but i pick it because i enjoy it thus i am more likely to excel at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)