Becoming a Journalist (1 Viewer)

Keen

MD
HSC
I'm studying medicine but I've started writing an article for the rural medicine club about my home town.
Last year one of my friends got me to go to a film to cover for her, ending up seeing it and interviewing the star over the phone. Had a great write up, which made me quite famous and memorable within the student uni newspaper ed's etc.
Now I'm co-editor of the rural newsletter this year and also writing a kind of sex-colomn for the medical newsletter.

I mean I've always wanted to write but never really been a serious dream, but I think just that while studying medicine for two/three years would be nearly enough to get you some experience, don't fret.
Just be active and look out for oportunities.

Keen

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You could do the basic certs/diplomas through TAFE for quicker and cheaper

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think that all the posts people have made are valid and show good examples of how diverse a sector media is... you just need to find the right path for you. I am interested in media policy and theory and all of that so I have found my degree interesting and useful, but people are right there are many ways and means to try and get in to the industry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)