Becoming a High School Teacher (1 Viewer)

Dammit

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone knows a site or information about how one would become a high school teacher, I know there are a few ways of doing it?

I am in Canberra, ACT at the moment but would be happy to teach in ACT or NSW either Wollongong or Syd.

Either a music teacher, or business teacher would be my preference as both my parents are music teachers, and i have done a short business degree so that may help me if i was to do business - as I would prob get a years credit at uni.

What course should I be looking at doing? How many years is it likely to take?

Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

thirsty

HSC
hi, im at newcastle uni becoming a high school teacher for history and english. the way im doin it is to do a bachelor of arts then a one year diploma of education after that. that lets me teach in my subject areas (my majors) in nsw and a lot of overseas places. With wnating to teach music i dont know how u would do that? with business you would actually be a social science teacher so u could major in sociology type stuff but it means u would probably have to teach society n culutre geography economics etc. Your best bet is to talk to ur teachers or if ur not in school get in contact with uni's n ask how they do it. Pretty much every uni differs in the course they have in each program. its very complicated and best of luck. let us know how u go.
Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)