Beating the UAC (1 Viewer)

BHHS

HSC
Not sure if this is an urban legend or not. I got told by a friend in uni that you can check to see if you've got an offer before the UAC releases them by logging onto the applicant servies site for each uni, for example UNSW would go here.

(1) Would this work?
(2) If I was to test it then could it jeapodise my offers?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
1) Possibly
2) No.
3) Just hack UAC. :)

BHHS

HSC
I emailed UNSW and they said that there is no way that it will affect your other offers so long as you don't accept an offer through it. Except then I tried to sign up and it wouldn't let me (said my UAC number wasn't recognised). Anyone else had any luck?

If only USyd still did their acceptance over the net, then I could check, cause all of my preferences are unsw/usyd...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
L.A. IS UNDER ATTACK.
Thousands of lives hang in the balance. For Agent Jack Bauer, it's going to be another one of those days...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Usyd does acceptance online (but not the whole enrolment process). Some people found out they'd got an offer last year by the method you describe - but a few hours before offers were released officially, not days beforehand. It's http://www.enrol.usyd.edu.au, but the server's not available yet.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
BHHS said:
Not sure if this is an urban legend or not. I got told by a friend in uni that you can check to see if you've got an offer before the UAC releases them by logging onto the applicant servies site for each uni, for example UNSW would go here.

(1) Would this work?
(2) If I was to test it then could it jeapodise my offers?
You can't seriously think somebody sits at UNSW waiting to see if people log in? All that will happen is you'll either follow through to the application process, or you'll be told to diaf. Try again later - or you've been denied entry this round. :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I did it last year like 2 hours before I got my offer. Nothing happened although I already knew I had an offer from Sydney.

Go ahead, no one will care if you do it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)