BE/BSci question (1 Viewer)

DAAVE

HSC
Hey guys, with the BE/BSci, is it possible to do a double major in this course for the BSci?

If so how hard would it be to do, would it be a lot more work than a single major?
I'm looking @ doing maths + physics btw. I've heard a lot of the maths is taken care of in the Engo degree anyway but I'm not sure how it all works.

Also by what merit do they accept you into the advanced courses. Say my UAI was really close to the BSci (advanced) cutoff but just a tiny bit below is there still the possibility of doing advanced subjects?

cheers.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
DAAVE said:
Hey guys, with the BE/BSci, is it possible to do a double major in this course for the BSci?

If so how hard would it be to do, would it be a lot more work than a single major?
I'm looking @ doing maths + physics btw. I've heard a lot of the maths is taken care of in the Engo degree anyway but I'm not sure how it all works.

Also by what merit do they accept you into the advanced courses. Say my UAI was really close to the BSci (advanced) cutoff but just a tiny bit below is there still the possibility of doing advanced subjects?

cheers.
Im pretty sure you can do a double major. As for the difficulty i cant really comment.

To get into advanced equivalents you will probably need a UAI that is required to get into advanced science, but if you are a bit lower they may make exceptions. There are also other prerequisites eg. most advanced maths require maths ext 2 or band E4 in maths ext 1. Even if you dont get into advanced units initially doing well in some normal units may qualify you for advanced units

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Generally you must get above the UAI for the advanced sciences, or get a band 6 in the relevant HSC science. Say you get a band 6 in HSC physics you can then do Physics advanced units.

DAAVE

HSC
Oh right cool I got band 6 in the relevent sciences so thats not a problem I guess.

Sounds good... See you guys at sydney!

DAAVE

HSC
BTW Who else is planning on doing Flexible first year engineering in the first stream (steam A i think)?

None of my friends are going to sydney so it would be cool to get a list here of ppl so we can all say hi! haha

DAAVE

HSC
Oh one more thing sorry!

Is it true about the whole engineering giving lots of credit points towards maths?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)