BE/BSc course help (1 Viewer)

aznblur

HSC
I'm going to do mechatronics and computer science. I'm following the linked plan (COMP1917 and Higher Physics though), and some courses overlap between the degrees, so I have no idea what to enrol in for "Science Course 1."

Powered by Google Docs

Appreciate any help. Thanks :)

"Lee-.-Roy"

HSC
straight from site

===
BE/BSc — Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Science (Program 3711)
===

so for safety purposes, contact school for the whole plan that's written out. I think you'd prefer that over long explanations.

THOUGH, the plan you hold involves ENGG1000 in 2nd semester. I actually recommend you to not do that and do ENGG1000 in 1st semester instead. You should thus have:

ENGG1000
MATH1131/1141
PHYS1121/1131
COMP1917 (a must for computer majors)

that should solve your problem for at least the upcoming semester. all you've done is shifted 'science block 1' into 2nd semester instead (or even later in your degree). At the end of the day doing this should not screw your degree up.

lol and thank God I finally see a fellow BE/BSc here =)

aznblur

HSC
Thats for prior to 2006 though. I still contacted them nonetheless, still awaiting a reply.

I'll might do ENGG1000 in second semester though, because, taking a preliminary look at rectangles, the timetable looks quite disheartening, pending CSE's response, of course.

Thanks for the advice though. :)

"Lee-.-Roy"

HSC
in 2nd semester engg1000 you have

- only one project to do, so theres no choice
- probably a project that is harder than what you'd get from 1st semester. I personally had a mixed mechanical and electrical project
- most students in 2nd semester are overseas student who cannot do ANYTHING that's related to writing. Namely, you'll do 2 reports each around 20 pages long.
- communication with overseas students is hard enough.

and no, you're not the only one with crap timetable. everyone's on the same boat really =).

"Lee-.-Roy"

HSC
and with the bit on 'prior 2006'

argh gosh.. didn't realise that lol. but there were adjustments to courses from 2006 onwards and that is why there are new plans written out =).

lucks with it all ;)

aznblur

HSC
Haha, fair enough.

Time to see if I can get myself a better timetable than what rectangles suggests. ==;

LordPc

HSC
what lee roy said is pretty much spot on. definately do engg1000 in 1st semester if you can

you might want to consider math1081 (discrete math) for your science elective. it will help you with your comp science

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)