BCommerce/BScience---> BVeterinaryScience (USYD) (1 Viewer)

yxs

HSC
Hi guys,
I did my hsc in 2009 and my atar is 98.4 (which just gets me into BVeterinary Science at USYD) however i didnt do the STAT test...which means i cant do the veterinary course this year.

I was wondering if its possible and likely for me to transfer to veterinary science after 1 year of commerce/science at USYD?

Thanks heaps!

phagocyte

HSC
You can transfer to the vet course from any chosen course u have chosen. Although it is recommended to do a science related course.
Unfortunately ur ATAR will not be taken into consideration when u transfer. IT'll be based on how well u went in the first year at uni (u really have to do exceptionally well!) U then have to sit for the STAT test and send in ur vet commitment form during the year.
But beware admission is very competitive and u might not get in for the course

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
You have to understand that 98.4 ATAR will much more likely get you into Vet than using your marks from uni. Statistically, the cut-off was around 98.3/98.4.
That does not mean in 2011, the cut-off will be around the same. It might increase or decrease, but no one knows.

One thing you need to note, though, is that there are only around 20-30 places that are available to non- year 12 leavers, and that there are perhaps 120 places for school leavers. Personally, I missed out on the 2009 vet course with a UAI of 97.9, but in 2010 I got re-offered a place at Usyd vet with a university high distinction average grade (86), and a STAT score of around 167. I hope that gives you a rough idea of how well you'd need to perform in University in order to receive a transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)