Bcom/Beco - help with choosing courses (1 Viewer)

msbhvnboy

HSC
hi everyone, ive currently enrolled in Bcom/Beco and chosen the following courses:

ECON1101
MGMT1001
ACCT1501
ECON1203

so i picked 4 compulsory core courses. My question is what are the flexible core courses and should i have added them as well into my timetable e.g (FINS1613) Also should i have had some General ed courses?

Also do u recommend me choose more compulsory core courses?

thanks for any assistance.

ct92

HSC
I've chosen the same courses. From what I understand, we only do four courses a semester, so there's not really scope for you to add any more courses, whether they be flexible or general education or compulsory.

edwarrior

HSC
do u guys only have 12 hrs per week ?

seems a bit small in comparison to other courses

rx34

HSC
It's usually 12 hours. But I study a lot after the contact time.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
hi everyone, ive currently enrolled in Bcom/Beco and chosen the following courses:

ECON1101
MGMT1001
ACCT1501
ECON1203

so i picked 4 compulsory core courses. My question is what are the flexible core courses and should i have added them as well into my timetable e.g (FINS1613) Also should i have had some General ed courses?

Also do u recommend me choose more compulsory core courses?

thanks for any assistance.
Flexible core courses are courses in which you have a choice of what to do. You still have to do a few of them but not all of them. Your semester 1 timetable is fine so think about them in Semester 2.

Gened courses are not meant for first year. They should be done anytime from 2nd year onwards. The best case is to leave them until the end of your degree to make it easier then. Don't worry about it for now.

The aim of first year is to complete all your compulsory and required flexible core courses . You should do them as soon as possible because later year uni courses have prerequisite courses that need to be completed first before you can do them. As you have 10 courses (7 cores + 3 flexibles), my recommendation is the following;

- 4 core courses in Semester 1, 2010
- 3 core courses + 1 flexible course in Semester 2, 2010
- 2 flexible courses + 2 elective courses (courses towards your chosen majors) in Semester 1, 2011

msbhvnboy

HSC
thanks guys

yea i only have 12hrs as well per week.

I regret not making my timetable sooner cause i have a 3hr gap between classes which is going to be boring.
oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)