bba102 help (1 Viewer)

havy

HSC
Hey guys, I'll do bba102 as a "recommended" elective, and I wonder if the textbook is necessary.

Also, are tutorials compulsory? and when is the 1st tutorial? usually tuts starts on wk2 but when I checked last yr's unit outline, it says "wk1 tutorial: presentation skills."

Last edited:

prusso

HSC
yeah cases come from the textbook (well wen i did it 2yrs ago)
tutorials generally start week 2, wen they say week 1 tutorial it actually means week 2 of classes but the first week of tutorials :)

havy

HSC
thx for the reply. But i think alot has changed last yr, due to the new lecturer....so is there anyone from last yr who can confirm this?

deviates106

HSC
N/A
I done it last year

- Its a misprint tutorials start in Week 2
- You can go without the textbook as the lecture notes are quite in depth
- Also just a heads up Sheri Evans is not the best lecturer

havy

HSC
deviates106 said:
I done it last year

- Its a misprint tutorials start in Week 2
- You can go without the textbook as the lecture notes are quite in depth
- Also just a heads up Sheri Evans is not the best lecturer

thx for the clarification!
I replied to your other post just 5 mins ago...and then found out u've replied to my thread..lol, wat a way to repay the favor.

havy

HSC
btw, when you said the current lecturer isn't the best...do u mean that she's boring in lectures or provides bad teaching materials/hard assessments?

deviates106

HSC
N/A
- My experience with her is that she boasts about herself a lot and often goes on a tangent from the lecture notes
- The lecture notes that she provides are good
- You do a major report worth about 25% which is marked really hard (Average mark was around 45% when I done it in second semester 2006)
- Also I found that the multiple choice is really in both the mid semester and final exam however the long answer questions are to a degree somewhat difficult as the require a bit of thought

havy

HSC
deviates106 said:
- Also I found that the multiple choice is really in both the mid semester and final exam however the long answer questions are to a degree somewhat difficult as the require a bit of thought
sorry but i think you missed a word. did you intend to say MC are easy but long answers are challenging? and what about the group presentation? is it challenging or time consuming?

deviates106

HSC
N/A
- Multiple choice is really easy. The questions are basically straight out of the lecture notes
- In terms of the group presentations it depends on your group. If your group cooperates you will have no problems. The topics are not that hard and its not really time consuming but you have to put time in it like anything.

havy

HSC
thx for more tips.
yeah i'd really like to have a good group. last 2 group assignments I've been getting credit and pass, it'll be great if i can get better result for the 3rd group assignment.

rox88

HSC
i only used the book twice. Once for mid exam and for the group work. So

really u dun need it. Its really a waste of money. It cost like 120$.

I got a credit, even though i only did one night of study for the final exam.

Bwahahaha i was lucky cos i was in the smart group. ^_^Group work account

for like almost 50%.

havy

HSC
any tips for finding good group members? are they assigned randomly by tutors or do u just pick whoever is sitting next to you in the tutorial?

havy

HSC
hey now my webct shows gordon brooks as the lecturer...is he the guy from 2 yrs ago? it sounds like:

if Gordon is teaching then the book is needed. but
if Sheri is teaching then the book is not needed.

Is that right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)