Battery life!!!! (1 Viewer)

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
2 months ago i bought an Asus Notebook for about 1.4k. Its a F5SR model and there is NO information on the battery life. Im beginning to thin kit is dodgy as on the box its model is PR055. I bought it from bing lee and its BATTERY LIFE IS 1.5 HOURS ON BATTERY SAVER MODE! NO JOKE!

any one help????

what do i do!!!

any help would be appreciated

thanks

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
Same position? I have to have a valid claim to claim the warranty... so i need to know whether the battery life is actually supossed to be that short?

MailMofo

HSC
That is standard battery life in the majority of cheaper laptops, its the same with mine so you wont get anything back on warranty.

If you have payed quite a substantial amount and therefore expect the battery life to be much more then what it is, have you left the charger in for extended amounts of time, if so, this kills the cells in the battery leading to low performance / battery life.

Seeing as someone with the same model is complaining about the same battery life span, im going to say you get what you pay for. :)

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
LOL we got owned mien last 1.5 hrs battery saver is that the same for yours? How do u find the laptop btw?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe you should've spent the time to ask about the specs on the laptop. The order you should ask things when purchasing a laptop:

1. Processor Speed (Dual Core is standard and decent these days. Single core is pretty wimpy unless you know what you're doing or want)
2. RAM
3. Battery Life (this is pretty important for me and most people would put it second I think)
4. Hard Drive size and Operating System (OS, for me I am familiar with all builds but most people prefer or only know Windows)
5. Graphics/Sound
6. Accessories such as webcam/microphone/usb ports

Obviously you will know the price XD so that's usually a given and usually number 1.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
^ Size of laptop is usually pretty important
I mean, that's why people get laptops.. For it's portability

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
^ Eh, that's a decent point. When I said graphics I should have mentioned screen size as well... That is a decent factor these days...

And also it's all about visual appeal to many people. I don't really care too much about aesthetics when I'm purchasing computing goods really... I can do it myself XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)