Bar Job... (1 Viewer)

H4lfD0ll4r

HSC
Looking for a bar job but ive never had experience. How would i start?
Maybe as a glassy?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, work your way up, a lot of places look for experience, but you might have some luck without any coming up to X-mas, keep your eyes peeled i reckon

Shokujo

HSC
N/A
Hi H4lfD0ll4r...

I just managed to get my first job in hospitality. I went and sat my RSA certificate (which is essential to serve alcohol here in QLD, but check your state regulations) and applied. Since I had no bar experience, they've actually given me a waitressing job, and during the down times they will teach me the ins and outs of pouring a beer etc..

Best bet is to go to all your local clubs & pubs and ask for an application form. Take any role you can get to begin with, then slowly ask for little more responsibilities and training :)

Hospitality industry generally has a fairly high turnover, so don't get too discouraged if they say there is nothing available, that can change in the space of a week :)

Good luck!!! But remember, get RSA first, then apply. It'll show prospective employers that you are keen.

H4lfD0ll4r

HSC
Hi H4lfD0ll4r...

I just managed to get my first job in hospitality. I went and sat my RSA certificate (which is essential to serve alcohol here in QLD, but check your state regulations) and applied. Since I had no bar experience, they've actually given me a waitressing job, and during the down times they will teach me the ins and outs of pouring a beer etc..

Best bet is to go to all your local clubs & pubs and ask for an application form. Take any role you can get to begin with, then slowly ask for little more responsibilities and training :)

Hospitality industry generally has a fairly high turnover, so don't get too discouraged if they say there is nothing available, that can change in the space of a week :)

Good luck!!! But remember, get RSA first, then apply. It'll show prospective employers that you are keen.
Thanks for the reply, I've got my RSA and RCG certificates already, just waiting for that job which doesn't seem like its coming atm lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)