• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Banning swords (1 Viewer)

tattoodguy

i read that the police/ politicians whoever - are going to look at bannning sword like instruments -

Does anyone else think this is rediculous?

We cant have dangerous dogs, guns and now swords?

We live in one of the safest, least voilent countries in the world - there is no need for this type of oppresssion.

We dont have thousands of people being killed by swords etc - heaps more people are being killed by concealable nives etc ?

why doesnt the government ban all nives?

You are not allowed to carry swords in public - which is fair enufff, but in our own fucking homes in a free country we should prettty much be allowed to do, whatever the fuck we want as long as we arnt hurting anyone else.

The government is over regulating us.

Do you think we should have swords banned?

HSC
uh...what would you want a sword for anyway? if you're into collecting and displaying swords in your home, then fair enough, but to have them as weapons is out of this world.

tempco

HSC
hrm, i'm thinking of purchasing a katana. might even get into iaido.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
you are allowed to carry swords in public...

unless they changed the ruling.

cause you can't hide swords like you can hide knives.

EDIT:

and there are several martial arts which use swords.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
How is it oppression?
It's restricting the individual's freedom beyond what tattoodguy considers to be reasonable bounds (in some ways, I agree with his stance).

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I knew it! As soon as they stopped us from jousting in the CBD I just knew that swords were next.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Why the fuk would u need a sword in the first place?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
tattoodguy said:
i read that the police/ politicians whoever - are going to look at bannning sword like instruments -

Does anyone else think this is rediculous?

We cant have dangerous dogs, guns and now swords?

We live in one of the safest, least voilent countries in the world - there is no need for this type of oppresssion.

We dont have thousands of people being killed by swords etc - heaps more people are being killed by concealable nives etc ?

why doesnt the government ban all nives?

You are not allowed to carry swords in public - which is fair enufff, but in our own fucking homes in a free country we should prettty much be allowed to do, whatever the fuck we want as long as we arnt hurting anyone else.

The government is over regulating us.

Do you think we should have swords banned?
damn i shall now burn my sword collection

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
The Japanese were prepared to forgo their swords a century ago, surely Australians can do it today.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
tattoodguy said:
which is fair enufff, but in our own fucking homes in a free country we should prettty much be allowed to do, whatever the fuck we want as long as we arnt hurting anyone else.
Most murders occur in the home. Why would anyone want a sword?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
How many murders per year are committed with swords that couldn't be commited anyway using just knives? My guess is not too many.

I agree with tatoodguy for once.

corro

HSC
dude, because you are not allowed to carry swords and go cutting people up you are not fucking opressed. Learn to spell, learn to express yourself until you do please shut the hell up.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
corro said:
dude, because you are not allowed to carry swords and go cutting people up you are not fucking opressed. Learn to spell, learn to express yourself until you do please shut the hell up.
Just because you want to keep swords doesn't mean you intend to slash people up with them. If someone wanted to collect medieval items such as swords, and the government removed the right to keep them, then, at least in their own eyes, the collector would be being opressed.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Just because you want to keep swords doesn't mean you intend to slash people up with them. If someone wanted to collect medieval items such as swords, and the government removed the right to keep them, then, at least in their own eyes, the collector would be being opressed.
Then I suppose collectors of military equiptment such as flamethrowers and anti-tank rocket launchers are equally opressed?

tempco

HSC
supercharged said:
Then I suppose collectors of military equiptment such as flamethrowers and anti-tank rocket launchers are equally opressed?
no, that's stupid. you probably need a license of some sort to own military-grade equipment anyway, since those weapons are made to kill. the majority of swords produced today aren't sharpened.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
supercharged said:
So long as those weapons were kept in a condition under which they lacked the necessary mechanisms to function as weapons (ie complete ban on ammunition for anti-tank guns, and I'm unfamiliar with flamethrowers, but there must be some part you can remove which means it won't work and is virtually irreplicable), then I see no problem with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)