Bandsix (1 Viewer)

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Some guys came to my school today informing our year 12 of a new hsc site coming out on 1st april. It is

www.bandsix.com.au

You pay $30 for membership and you get access to hsc notes made by hsc markers themselves. If there aren't any notes relating to what you need, all you have to do is email them asking for something and they will get in contact with the relevant hsc marker to make you some notes.

pretty cool. im becoming a member for sure

annastina

HSC
sounds good...

ta

Ciao

ps. your school is hot.... i used to drive aroung it while i was learning to drive... hehe (St Ignatius Riverview )

Last edited:

annastina

HSC
velox said:
yeh HotR. Lol well, you should also be saying "Bloody Grammar, High, Joeys, Kings" :p
ok... hahaha

where do you go to school then??

i just like riverview coz my aunty live near there... haha

and she teaches at joeys... so the arent too bad either!
haha

timrie6

HSC
N/A
pfft who really cares about the hsc. such hype

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Tommy_69 said:
Some guys came to my school today informing our year 12 of a new hsc site coming out on 1st april. It is

www.bandsix.com.au

You pay $30 for membership and you get access to hsc notes made by hsc markers themselves. If there aren't any notes relating to what you need, all you have to do is email them asking for something and they will get in contact with the relevant hsc marker to make you some notes.

pretty cool. im becoming a member for sure
Sounds fishy. You do realise that 'HSC markers' means 'teachers', right? If I want notes written by teachers, I'll go to my school and get them free of charge.

I pay my teachers to teach me, and now what these people are effectively saying is "that is insufficient, you also need to pay us to teach you aswell".

ishq

brown?
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Sounds fishy. You do realise that 'HSC markers' means 'teachers', right? If I want notes written by teachers, I'll go to my school and get them free of charge.

I pay my teachers to teach me, and now what these people are effectively saying is "that is insufficient, you also need to pay us to teach you aswell".
Eloguently put.
I agree.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
#
# You hereby grant to Band Six.Pty.Ltd. and their respective affiliates worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any message posted in the FORUM and/or any e-mail sent by you to by Band Six. Pty. Ltd (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
Don't you just love giving away your own work. The only thing lacking is the exclusive rights.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Don't worry it is illegal to provide others with the notes.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
read the parents section...spelling????

and they are advertising English.........

sounds like a rip off to me (and Im a past HSC marker). I mean, what teacher has time to write notes on demand for someone who is going to sell them for $3 each?

I wonder who "they" are?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Xayma said:
Don't you just love giving away your own work. The only thing lacking is the exclusive rights.
Still, I will credit copyright for its antithetic derivative copyleft. I just wish more people would use copyleft.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
bah...notes are only as good as the person using them. I still think its a blatant ripoff and they are preying on peoples paranoia re the HSC as the be all and end all of existence........

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
snapperhead said:
read the parents section...spelling????

and they are advertising English.........

sounds like a rip off to me (and Im a past HSC marker). I mean, what teacher has time to write notes on demand for someone who is going to sell them for $3 each?

I wonder who "they" are?
Speaking of which I wonder how extensive these notes are.

I would get a copy but then again I'm lazy and no longer doing the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)