Bandsix (1 Viewer)

babe69

HSC
Hi everyone i'm new to this and I just figure out how to start a thread. Anyway
I want to know if any 2005 or 2006 students know anything about this new HSC website called www.bandsix.com.au ... We had some of our teachers talking about it today and saying it was very reliable but I wanted to know if anyone else had used it? .... my parents are tight arses so I have to use my own money ha ha.... please writ back thanks guys xx

P

pLuvia

Maybe legit but I don't trust those online paying study sites

babe69

HSC
yeah I have used heaps of the online paymnet systems and these days they all seem preety legit because their are heaps of regulation authoritied that pick up on them well before they can cause much drama I was just interested to see if anyone else knew anythin about it... thanks for your help xx

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
So this isn't an advertisement because that's what it seems. And I agree with also with pLuvia I don't trust pay for notes\study material sites even you you say they are 'preety legit'.

Anyway just asking since the two posts you made where on this but I think you were just asking for some advice in that case advice given. I also have to say never heard of that site or anyone talking about it be students or teachers.

helper

HSC
N/A
Ther is no authority that could regulate them to check if they are legal or not.

All I do know is the Board sent a note around to markers last year that if they advertise on the site they are markers then they would be breaking their contract. So some if not all the notes are provided by legitimate sources.

7th Sign

HSC
i can get all their business notes they provide + better shit...

for like 5 bucks ill send it to you ...

babe69

HSC
na this is just the first forum i've ever used and i'm a bit shit on them ha ha... thanks for the help guys... I just don't want to waste my money fi noneone else is usin em

7th Sign said:
i can get all their business notes they provide + better shit...

for like 5 bucks ill send it to you ...

sweet can you send em to me.. how'd you get em?

Last edited by a moderator:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
The best marks come from hard work and UNDERSTANDING whatever courses you're doing -- not from someone elses notes! So i've come to believe, and this is what i've been told my entire life by my Asian parents...

Then again, maybe it does work, look at the list of kiddies utilising the service by schools:
http://www.bandsix.com.au/Schools.aspx
" James Ruse Agricultural High School"
BAHAHA

I looked at their samples of work...this HSC notes thing..
I think it might benefit you MORE if you did it entirely yourself; like its just notes...
Notes arent that difficult to make if you follow the syllabus --
I did a whole study guide for Minoan Society in Ancient History...it was pretty easy...alot of work but hey now I can answer just about every damned thing about Minoans...bah

Never ever going to buy their notes.
xx

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
The best marks come from hard work and UNDERSTANDING whatever courses you're doing -- not from someone elses notes! So i've come to believe, and this is what i've been told my entire life by my Asian parents...

Then again, maybe it does work, look at the list of kiddies utilising the service by schools:
BAHAHA

I think it might benefit you MORE if you did it entirely yourself; like its just notes...
I did a whole study guide for Minoan Society in Ancient History...it was pretty easy...alot of work but hey now I can answer just about every damned thing about Minoans...bah

xx
my old school is on that school list O_O

Riviet

HSC
N/A
My school is in that list!! :eek:

I agree with luscious-llama, doing your own notes is better in my opinion, in the process of doing it yourself, you learn and understand the material much better, rather than reading off other notes given to you.

babe69

HSC
pLuvia said:
Same, very odd, I think they just put any random school on it:p
i think that could be the case too ha ha... i became a member on monday and my school sname didn't come up and still isn't up two days later... the notes are good but the website is pretty boring

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol.

that place is legit. my school teachers were tlking about it.

but apparently; they were a bunch of ex-hsc markers or something; and what they're doing isn't allowed (i.e: selling notes and stuff of the hsc being ex-hsc markers)

i dnno about it though; but im not 100% sure about the above thing i just said. haha

and yeah; i wouldn't ever pay for notes.. notes from teachers and own summary notes are sufficient. especially if you understand the stuff in the subject.

earthnfire

HSC
luscious-llama said:

BAHAHA

xx
I so agree with you, but i guess it depends on the person. if people think they can't do without them they should go ahead and use them, but I'm the kind of person who learns once and never forgets but can go through a hell of a lot to memorise and i'll forget after two weeks anyway.

But to answer babe69's question, i personally have never heard of that site. Goodluck anyway, i think we should all do as best as we can and whatever we can to get anywhere we want, but then again there's usually other options.

Raginsheep

HSC
woot! my school isn't on it......something to be proud of I guess...

s2indie

HSC
?? my school's on there too.
i'm gona stick with BOS - and the resources are FREE

milk biskit

HSC
im sticking with BOS, cos resources are free, yeh i agree with many of you, it is better to make your own notes rather than reading someone elses. It is so much easier to learn and understand when u make notes from your own perspective, that having been said, i just wished it was 20 december already, wanna know my hsc results and uai, then go on holidays. this long wait is killing me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)