Bands? (1 Viewer)

Gemstone

Um I put in my marks for my subjects and I clicked the button and got the UAI but all the bands said band 1. How do you get them to tell you what band your in?

Gems

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
it worked for me wen i tried it...

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Gemstone
Um I put in my marks for my subjects and I clicked the button and got the UAI but all the bands said band 1. How do you get them to tell you what band your in?

Gems
It might help if you post the marks you submittted, and for which subjects.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah there might be a mistake. so post the subjects and marks, as said above, then the mistake can be fixed for everyone.

Gemstone

Okay here they are. I might not have put them in right. I assume we took it down to a one unit mark.

Ancient: 24
English (standard): 25
IPT: 29
Legal: 30
Japanese (continuers): 36

Hope that helps it's still not telling me the bands though

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol yeah that's why.

are you in year 12 this year or have you finished?

if you're in year 12, SAM will potentially not give you a realistic UAI

Gemstone

Yeah I'm year 12 this year. Yeah I know they are always a little off of course because scaling and candiature change but it's good to get a kindda average indication. I kindda do a give or take 10% thing on it so that I have a bit of an estimate. Anyway their the mark from the prelim course so there pretty bad. But I don't have HSC marks for much yet.

Anyway yeah that did fix it. Silly me.

Gems

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
not just that, you ar eputting in your school marks. and school marks really don't have anything to do with HSC marks. i was probably averaging 75 in maths, but in the hsc and for my hsc mark i got over 90. if i put 75 into SAM sometime last year, it would have set me right off track for my uai.

santaslayer

HSC
erm.......yea, but the internal school assessment marks are automatically allocated to u within the pool of marks ur school gets in the hsc, so u cant tell what mark u will get...
eg...in 2U RE i came 11th and i got 85 for my internal mark......
in 2U Legal, i came 2nd but only got 91.....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah you get it? because they can't compare the difficulties of the assessments at schools otherwise.

so if your class, the range of in school assessments was 40-60, but in the hsc the range was 80-100, the school assessments will be brought up to the marks of 80-100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)