Band 6'er's Help (1 Viewer)

chomp

HSC
HEy all
im a potential band 6 for business and i was just curious as to how all you plan to do your exams ffor trials.
i.e. ext response fiirst etc and why??
i don't know if too doo my ext responses first as they take me londer then the other 2 sections!
HELP!

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Do what you're best at first, or at least attempt to do questions that are worth the most marks if you think you're tight for time.

Multiple choice can probably wait 'til last as it won't take you long and you can end up easily guessing (a chance of one in four, c'mon) if you're once again tight for time - or at least move quicker through the other sections including the multiple choice to give you more time towards the end of the exam. Thus you can spend more on extended responses in particular.

Practice your extended responses and attempt to think and write quicker. If you think you're wasting too much time during the exam on the extended response questions, at least begin to jot down the main points you were going to mention next. This also gives the examiner the idea that you were going to write about these points and you hadn't forgotten them.

I usually begin at the start of the exam, but this may change as I read through it and am able to see what parts are easy (where I can think and write fast with no problem) and I can see which questions will need more thought and therefore time. During the 5 minutes reading time, I begin to think over the extended response question and how i'm going to go about it/what i'm going to write/how much time I should leave... all depending on how hard or easy the question is.

Just, practice doing past exams in the same time you're given in the actual exam - learn to think and write faster. By the time your exam comes around you should be able to complete the whole exam thoroughly within time - including everything you could have possibly thought of and written.

Good luck ;) Xx.

yer8899

HSC
- during reading time, i look at both the short answer, seeing which questions i can answer the fastest (not necessarily the easiest q's).
- then i look at the ext response. see what the questions asking and make a list of all the topics or issues you can include in your head, so when they say you can start writing, its alot faster.
- i would do the short answer first, ext response second, and multi last.

copperearth27

HSC
I did Business studies last year and got a band 6.
The best method is to do the exam in the order it is presented. This is because the allocated time for each is only an estimate, and if you are a potential band 6 student then its likley that u will not need that time.
Multiple choice very rarely needs the whole time as does short answer, what this means is that you can save time by doing these first, which gives you extra time to do your extended response.
I did the first two sections first, then divided my time equally between the two extended response sections. I think i ended up with over an hour for each :D

~Natalie:)~

HSC
copperearth27 said:
I did Business studies last year and got a band 6.
The best method is to do the exam in the order it is presented. This is because the allocated time for each is only an estimate, and if you are a potential band 6 student then its likley that u will not need that time.
Multiple choice very rarely needs the whole time as does short answer, what this means is that you can save time by doing these first, which gives you extra time to do your extended response.
I did the first two sections first, then divided my time equally between the two extended response sections. I think i ended up with over an hour for each :D
In all exams so far, yr 11 half yearly and yearly and yr 12 half yearly i have got a band 6 and i dissagree, in reading time i always read extended resp question and then the short answer and the multiple choice. I do the short answers first in prefference of how quickly i answer them and think about ext resp. If i think of nething for the ext resp i put notes on a seperate piece of paper and then do the ext resp 2nd and leave multiple choice for last.

omarast

HSC
for reading time id say skim through the whole paper, den spend a min deciphering the extened responses, determinig whic topics are in which one, den spend da rest of ur time quikly answering the multiple choice in ur head so can read one sentence once u start da exam den just automaitcally remeber the answer, coz den u can finsh mulitple choice alot sooner. i usaully finsh mine with within 15 minutes, sometimes even 10. and i usaully get 15+/20 for em. short answers are easi, but der also eay to misread the question n give a wrong answer. so u shud read each of dem at least 2 times and maybe even a third, if u look at past papers der is a very vcommon pattern in the exteneded responses and dont forget the verbs. for extended reponses id spend 50 mins to 1 hour each usaully i get 17+

n ppl who say do da exteeded response 1st i disagree. the multiple choice stimulates ur mind for short answer and exteded response it usually helps u out later on. but dis is just my strategy ne1 else cud be different

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)