Band 6 Sample Response (1 Viewer)

chomp

HSC
Would anyone have any sample band 6 responses to the HSC 07 King lear response that they could share?
thanx

geeksneedlove

HSC
I have a 2004 High-range answer sample if anyone's interested.

Question 3 - William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of King Lear (20 Marks)
'Interpretations of texts can shift and change wth time and place.'

Considering your time and place, reflect on the ways in which context has shaped your critical interpretation of the prescribed text.

In your response, refer to TWO extracts from your prescribed text.

zahmad

HSC
Thanks a lot!....Where the they from btw?

geeksneedlove

HSC

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
geeksneedlove said:
My teacher handed it out to us, he gives out high-range answers from past HSC exams periodically.. but I have no idea where he gets them from sorry. I know the Board of Studies have some student answer books for sale.. https://bosho.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/cgi-bin/LANSAWEB?PROCFUN+IW@shop+iw@main+prd+funcparms+gotoitem(A0150):saHsc2006 not sure what their worth is though.
Your teacher would need to be aware that the model responses for the 2004 HSC would probably not be very applicable for the 2008 because they have since amended the aims and requirements of the advanced syllabus module b 'slightly'.

As can be seen in this link http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/english-adv-support-module-b.pdf the focus in module b 'critical study of text' is no longer on 'readings' or 'productions' but rather a personal viewpoint meshed with strong critical engagement.

Also to the other 08ers: generally the essays published in the BOS students' responses are in the borderline / low band 6 category. You won't find many that scored 91+ in the HSC. The reasons for this are because:

1) Teachers are wary of potential plagiarism concerns. If the response was indeed 'the best' (ie 98 or 99 which would be state rankings) then this would increase tenfold the possibilities of lazy students 'appropriating' entire segments.

2) Also the responses within these books are meant to show the different requirements of each band, and by publishing 'borderline' responses, this gives students an idea of the BARE MINIMUM that must be done to score a band 6 (or band 5 for the 'mid range' responses).

Just thought i'd clarify that misconception as many students i believe may be deceived into thinking these are the best responses by students of that particular year :)

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
in response to bobness..
yeh that seems very logical.
whenever i look through those books with the high-range sample responses and so forth, i think that some aren't that great, tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)