Band 6 Cut-off estimations? (1 Viewer)

catherineinabox

HSC
I have a question, if we can determine the estimated band 6 cut off, how does our assessment mark come into all of this? If we did better in our assessment than average, does this mean our 'estimated band 6 cut off' will be lower?

cookeemonstah

HSC
becos its enviromental impacts. Obviously dry cells/silver button cells dont pollute at all (except for a teensy bit of zinc), so I made up some bs.

gorab

HSC
it was relatively easier than the previous papers.
the only impossible question was the mercury fish one. others were pretty straighforward.
expect a rise in state averages as it was also the last exam for many people
l'm guesstimating band 6 would be around 80
band 5 would be around 72
You are a straight up retard, ain't even gonna sugar coat it.

freeeeee

HSC
Yep ~72 for Band 6 ^agree, YES the electrochemical was BS for people who did not learn lead acid. I learnt dry cell and silver but i still know 70% of lead-acid, so was able to apply to question Luckily lol.

Madridismo

HSC
I wrote down CFC as a pollutant in the stratosphere. CFCs are pollutants they're ruining the ozone layer, thus affecting the environment.

With the collaboration of chemists, it was easier to talk about lead-acid cell but I also talked about the different types of chemists of different branches working together to fix any problems. E.g. Environmental chemists - monitoring waterways with AAS, making sure they are within the law, Organic chemist and Industrial chemists, monitor the products and its movement etc...

The fish/mercury question was silly, could hardly understand it!!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, the fish one was a pain in the ass. It was possible with dry cell because zinc is a heavy metal and ZnCl is highly soluble in water --> toxin etc.

Madridismo

HSC
I remember I immediately skipped the fish (time is off essence :p ), had 5 minutes to go, and they I noticed that, and no matter how long I would have done it for, just wouldn't get that question out.

and regarding the pH of a solution of the neutralisation reaction, I put in the moles of H+ rather than the concentration =.=

But again people underestimate chemistry and its raw marks --> scaling, but I think the B6 cut off might have dropped a bit, just a bit.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to agree with this.

15/20 in MC
19/25 in the Industrial Chem Option
And
40/65 in Short Answer

Should get you a band 6

Yolo
I should be good for that - should get 19+ in MC...others are probably at least those marks.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I should be good for that - should get 19+ in MC...others are probably at least those marks.
Yeah, you're like the one person I even partially know who would've been completely fine. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)