Band 6 answer right or wrong? (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
Hi
This quote is taken from a band 6 student in HSC 2002 paper from the standards package my teacher printed for Q25. The student is describing the difference between integer and floating point representtation; He says...
...Another difference is that as an integer goes higher it takes up more space i.e. Numbers above 128 can no longer be represented in 16bit form.
Ok what the hell?

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Hi
This quote is taken from a band 6 student in HSC 2002 paper from the standards package my teacher printed for Q25. The student is describing the difference between integer and floating point representtation; He says...

Ok what the hell?
First bit is right, obviously the larger the number the more bits it will take up etc...

but if the student is talking about if the decimal number exceeds 128 it cannot be represented in 16 bit then that's wrong

16 bit integer can hold values ranging from -32768 to 32767

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
If its from a band 5/6 response, then that doesn't mean that it's all correct...
If its an examplar response, then it probably shouldn't be, because they are obviously confused...

saves.the.day

HSC
Yeh just remember the exemplar's are band 5/6 responses they are all the respones that get borderline. i.e they just scrape into a band 6 and therefore are not full mark answers.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Exemplar responses received full marks - if no student received full marks, there is no exemplar response published.

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Exemplar responses received full marks - if no student received full marks, there is no exemplar response published.
I based my post of this quote "samples of responses typically produced by students whose achievements place them on the borderline between two bands."Source

It did not say "gained full marks"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)