Band 5/6 possibilities (1 Viewer)

HSC
So, there is just over a month(38 days to be precise) before the first HSC exam, and I was wondering if it would be possible to secure a Band 6 in all subs(or atleast in 10 units) if I study intensively from now until the mid of next month. Is it enough time to revise all the content, do past papers, apply Trial feedback, mark and redo more papers? At first glance, it seems that 38 days is a lot, but time seems to somehow fly before an exam block, and I really want need to do well in the HSC as my internals and Trials are looking mediocre(at best). I really need reassurance on this, please help! Is 38 days enough to study 12 units and nail a Band 6 in all(or most) of them?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
So, there is just over a month(38 days to be precise) before the first HSC exam, and I was wondering if it would be possible to secure a Band 6 in all subs(or atleast in 10 units) if I study intensively from now until the mid of next month. Is it enough time to revise all the content, do past papers, apply Trial feedback, mark and redo more papers? At first glance, it seems that 38 days is a lot, but time seems to somehow fly before an exam block, and I really want need to do well in the HSC as my internals and Trials are looking mediocre(at best). I really need reassurance on this, please help! Is 38 days enough to study 12 units and nail a Band 6 in all(or most) of them?
Stop reposting the same thread 😭😭😭 I've seen this three times now

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Also yes it definitely is if you do proper focused study

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
well ur internals play a role as well so if ur ranks are trash then its highly unlikely

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
38 days is definitely enough time for you to revise the content of your subjects, complete practice material and apply feedback/address areas of improvement. The key element to be considered here is productivity. You mentioned that despite 38 days being a lot of time, they may go by quickly. For this reason, you must ensure that you maximise your productivity every day. SadCeliac's notion of proper focused study is important. This means that you should determine reasonable targets/goals that you would like to achieve in terms of your preparations each day. This provides you with a clear vision as you progress through this preparation period, allowing you to maximise your preparations for your HSC exams.

Of course, as its_ace21 and howcanibesmarter mentioned, your internal performance will influence the possibility of achieved a band 6 overall in each of your subjects, especially since the Assessment Mark contributes half of your HSC mark in a subject. With that being said, your HSC exams contribute the remaining 50% of your HSC marks, making them a great opportunity for you to improve your performance and hopefully make a comeback. Even if your chances of achieving band 5's or band 6's in your subjects overall are unclear or uncertain, this is definitely still worth a try and better than not trying at all.

I hope this helps! 😄

HSC
well ur internals play a role as well so if ur ranks are trash then its highly unlikely
No, I meant as in for my HSC results. Aren't those separate from internals? I meant for my HSC mark alone I wanted to score a Band 6. JUST in the external exams, I meant. Not an overall Band 5/6.

HSC
38 days is definitely enough time for you to revise the content of your subjects, complete practice material and apply feedback/address areas of improvement. The key element to be considered here is productivity. You mentioned that despite 38 days being a lot of time, they may go by quickly. For this reason, you must ensure that you maximise your productivity every day. SadCeliac's notion of proper focused study is important. This means that you should determine reasonable targets/goals that you would like to achieve in terms of your preparations each day. This provides you with a clear vision as you progress through this preparation period, allowing you to maximise your preparations for your HSC exams.

Of course, as its_ace21 and howcanibesmarter mentioned, your internal performance will influence the possibility of achieved a band 6 overall in each of your subjects, especially since the Assessment Mark contributes half of your HSC mark in a subject. With that being said, your HSC exams contribute the remaining 50% of your HSC marks, making them a great opportunity for you to improve your performance and hopefully make a comeback. Even if your chances of achieving band 5's or band 6's in your subjects overall are unclear or uncertain, this is definitely still worth a try and better than not trying at all.

I hope this helps! 😄
What - my internals influence my HSC mark also? I didn't know that. Well then my internals are quite trash so I guess I have to forsake my targets :(

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
What - my internals influence my HSC mark also? I didn't know that. Well then my internals are quite trash so I guess I have to forsake my targets :(
An HSC mark is the overall mark you receive in a subject. It is the average of your internal mark and external mark. Your external mark (HSC exam mark) depends on your own performance in the HSC exam of a particular subject and is separate from your internal performance.

HSC
dont give up
So if I study hard and manage, hypothetically, a Band 5/6 across all my subs in the externals, with my internal rankings dead low(I mean almost at the bottom) for almost all subjects, what is the best HSC mark I could recieve, by estimation?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
But jimmysmith560 mentioned than internals also affect the externals mark. If that is true, rlly I might as well steel myself for dropping down ig :/
ok but if u get like really good in the hsc then like wouldnt that be better than not trying and bombing the hsc? u shouldnt give up now especially since the hsc is so close

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
So if I study hard and manage, hypothetically, a Band 5/6 across all my subs in the externals, with my internal rankings dead low(I mean almost at the bottom) for almost all subjects, what is the best HSC mark I could recieve, by estimation?
is ur cohort good/smart?

HSC
ok but if u get like really good in the hsc then like wouldnt that be better than not trying and bombing the hsc? u shouldnt give up now especially since the hsc is so close
nah imma not give up. if i wanted to i would've just slacked off and not even bothered to ask this question here rn. I'll still try my hardest to do my very best in the HSC ofc, regardless of my trashy internals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)