Balancing Work & VCE (1 Viewer)

vce_kiddo

HSC
Anyone who's had experience, what's it like working and doing VCE also? how many hours did you work doing year 12? and any other info/thoughts/opinions would be great.:cook:

cheers:apig:

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
I'd say it's doable, but I'd advise you to quit or suspend your work unless you really need the money.

At the best, stop work a month before mid years. BOL.

vce_kiddo

HSC
Would it be worth suspending work in yr 11 if im doing a 3+4.
gahhhh i have almost nooo idea what to expect next year:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

I don't work heaps of hours, but next year i've enrolled in 2 hr of dance classes a week, is this too much?:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

My subjects next year are: PSY (3+4) and 1+2: EL, CHEM, ACC, GMF, MMC

Last edited:

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Would it be worth suspending work in yr 11 if im doing a 3+4.
gahhhh i have almost nooo idea what to expect next year:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

I don't work heaps of hours, but next year i've enrolled in 2 hr of dance classes a week, is this too much?:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

My subjects next year are: PSY (3+4) and 1+2: EL, CHEM, ACC, GMF, MMC
Oh, for year 11? Fuck yes, keep your job man, even if you were doing two 3/4's. Just quit it for year 12.

HSC
I wouldn't even quit for year 12 - just work the bare minimum hours that you can so that you have a job to go back to. Remember how many people are looking for work around Oct-Dec each year.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I wouldn't even quit for year 12 - just work the bare minimum hours that you can so that you have a job to go back to. Remember how many people are looking for work around Oct-Dec each year.
+1

You quit in year 12, you'll REGRET it. Read the stories around this forum. They will be 100% understanding that you're in year 12.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Babikakez, did your massivly reduced hours affect getting your supervision? Did you still get a svr shift every now and again out of that 1 shift a week? (once a month etc?)

HSC
I wasn't a supervisor then. I basically became a supervisor at the end of Year 12 because they had no one else, and I was semi already trained in quite a few things.

All my hours were in nontrade, basically tickets and occasionally cash office. So it was more like 3-6 hours a week.

ETA: If I had been a supervisor then, there would have been no way I could have dropped my hours that severely. Our Year 12ing supervisor this year had a 16 hours p/w contract the whole year, and took a month off before exams.

bio_nut

HSC
I did at least 12 hours a week, except during exams where I did 4 and still went well. 30 a week between terms.

You people are complete sooks, lol.

HSC
I admit I was sookish to work that little. I'm generally doing 15-20 hours per week now that I'm at uni and I'm doing heaps better at uni than I ever did at school.

So yeah, I was pathetic.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Well I did 38 hours during the exam week (believe it or not) for Year 10 and I did okay.
But probably best if you don't try that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)