balance between school and sport (1 Viewer)

jessum

HSC
anyone else have trouble balancing their sporting commitments with their schoolwork?
im struggling at the moment coz when im home im buggered, and when im not home, im not home, so i have no time to do work.
i try to utilise my frees but it so doesnt work.
its so hard to play competitive sport and also aim for like a 95+ uai!
grrrr why is it so hard

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Umm no not really.

I play indoor netball once a week for half an hour approx. I also have training which is an hour and a half and a full hour game on saturday.

It really depends on what your priorities are. My friend goes out of the state for his sport and l personally think he should stop it for 1/2 years until he has finished his hsc.

jessum

HSC
yeh...

but to choose school for a year and put sport on hold is nearly impossible, if u wanna pick it back up and be just as good after the hsc.
i know people have played sport and done the hsc, like this girl i worked with who played netball for nsw and trained in sydney all the time, she finished her hsc.. dont know how well she went...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
You can do sport but you should limit it while your hsc is on, not to completly stop it altogether.

If l have h/w on l don't go to indoor. Same with training. There are just some things you have to sacrifice.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Well I goto college 4 days a week now, so my netball training will have to take the backburner. Hopefully my coach, whoever that is, will understand. If not, fuck em.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Well I goto college 4 days a week now, so my netball training will have to take the backburner. Hopefully my coach, whoever that is, will understand. If not, fuck em.
You play netball? :)

Who do you play for?

jessum

HSC
i play netball too... it just got way more serious this year. which kinda doesnt work with the hsc. theyre planning an overseas trip in the weeks before the hsc.. which sucks coz i really wanted to go.. but oh well.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I play for the Celicas (18D) our team sucks so much!!

We got two new players (one is called sarah as well and she goes to the school next to mine)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I play for Kingsgrove, but they haven't told me what team I'm on yet. I play in the St George comp at Rockdale.

Numero Uno

HSC
bah i got soccer 3 nights a week damn end at 9 pm

and i got a game and i dont get home till like 4 pm on saturdays

if u think thats bad
i know a guy who plays nsw state he goes training 6 days a week

and yes hes a dumb c*nt

Canoodle

Loves it
HSC
i played quite alot of sport during yr 11 and upped it during yr 12 .. 3 comps of bball, dance and touch and went to the gym n stuff.. i got home at like 7 during the week and i had a full days sport on saturdays....

looking back on yr 12 yeah i was bloody tired and stressed out because of the overload, but personally i dont work to my full potential unless i have a million and one things going on at once...

sometimes the pressure and time scarcity makes one become organised and practical? i duno may be differnet for everyone else

Pace Setter

I play sport for serious and fun purposes, and training is basically 7 days a week. Dont know if this would apply for everyone else, but as long as you take the attitude that you have on the sporting field onto the table, you should be fine, regardless of the amount of HW you get. Its about an objective realisation about what needs to be done straight away at any given moment, ie dont be too rigid in your activities/studies(unless you work well with schedules).

Also, you shouldnt be stressed from school, only tired, maybe. As long as you actually learn the stuff and integrate it into your understanding of the world, most of the HSC courses are quite easy and also bordering on fun(ok maybe thats taking it a bit too far). Finally, you shouldnt make any goals for your HSC that are anything below 100%. You aim for 100% for every assessment you do, and regardless of whether you end up with 100 or 50%, you brush it off as if it didnt happen, since its pointless to dwell on anything in the past. Ive found that this attitude helps with greater performance at school, probably because psychologically you arent restricting yourself to parameters.

I just read over what I wrote, and Geez, I talk a lot of shit. Anyway, hope you've understood what I've said, because it certainly helped me heaps when I learnt these things.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
yeah, my sporting commitments are bordering on taking over my life this year. i am playing for two soccer teams and have training 4 nights a week of which i only go to three, plus i have got indoor soccer on fridays, and then outdoor games on saturday and sunday.
Why i took on this much sport i dont know, i thought yr.12 would be like yr.11 a bludge, but damn i was wrong. i constantly got assignments and never enough time to do them. I am thinking of droppin from one of my teams to lighthen my load a bit.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
yeah same, i get such a thrill from playing that i wouldnt have anythin to look forawd to if i dropped it for a year

Jessisbored

HSC
Yeah I'm trying to...I'm a swimmer but i've cut down the past month...i made CIS the other day, so i have to do some training so i dont look like a fool there

otherwise ive been told by some ppl to cut down..but others have told me to keep doing it because you are more organised under a schedule and apparently most sportsmen and women do well in their hsc anyway

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think its all about time management, like a girl in my year got a really good UAI despite travelling to sporting competetions and stuff (shes an awesome runner, has all these records and stuff and looks a shoo-in for the next commonwealth games)
so its do-able.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)