Backdoor entry to Physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Ok, I am really really interested in physiotherapy, HOWEVER, I don't do Physics, Chemistry, Biology- I only do PD/H/PE and General Maths.
Lets be frank- My chances of getting accepted for Physiotherapy @ Syd would be very slim, yes?
Anyone know of some backdoor ways to get into the course?

brownie44

HSC
From what I can gather, there is no backdoor entry to the BApplied Science(Physio). You can do a Bachelor of Health Science and major in movement science and then do a masters of physio. If you get a credit average in the health science course, they are offering guaranteed entry to the masters of phsyio.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
really, the subjects that you do for the hsc are irrelevant in exercise and sports science or physio.

since, you dont do chem/phy/bio you would have trouble in some subjects (i am 1st yr physio now) but bridging courses will help you partially in that regard. just get the marks... what was it 96.75 last yr. also, you can do exss which is like 87 or something (3yrs) and do a masters of physio (2yrs) to become a physio.

good luck

glass

HSC
Are u sure u want to do physio? its not really worth all the effort. Im in 3rd year physio now and just finished 1 of my placements. Man i cant wait to get out of this course. Like as in leave straight away. The jobs are so demanding and u get paid very little once u graduate. Its really not worth it.

I mean 1st and 2nd yr at uni was pretty good cos it was mostly theory stuff and thats pretty interesting. But 3rd year 2nd semester and 4th yr 1st semester is ALL pracs. U dont even go back to uni (only once every 5 weeks). And they made this new policy recently that if u fail 2 TIMES on ur pracs they will kick u out of the course because it shows that ur not made for physio. It used to be better, liek u can fail as many times as u want. So if u just happen to fail twice, tough luck 3 yrs worth of hecs and time is gone. Go get a job or do another degree. Really not worth it. I regret picking the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)