• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Back To School! (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I got those binder books from the newsagency *coughs* stupid newsagency :mad: *coughs* I got lever arch folders at home for class notes, so I won't be bothered bringing them in

fluffycake

HSC
I'm super excited!!! I'm packing my bag right now :)

I can play with all my peer support munchkins tomorrow!

Does anyone else get the feeling, this year is going to be uber hectic?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
fluffycake said:

yes, it's gonna be hectic, because we have priveleges and we can terrorise Year 7s!

lacklustre

HSC
I'm not bringing a bag tomorrow. I'm just going to assume that we are not going to do any work :p

On the subject of year sevens...well they're bloody annoying and immature....some of them have big mouths...seems like I will need to put them in their place

HSC
Argh. I'm dreading it.

Have you noticed that there are less dramas with your friends and such when you're on holidays? There's less school stress so everyone is not so PMS-y and annoying.

The first few days of school are okay, but then the homework and assignments start and oh joy, everyone is stressed again, lol.

On the subjects on books or folders, I decided to buy binder books and keep them in a folder. I don't think I'd be very organised with sheets of refill paper. I can just imagine them getting wet or missing. I like gluing in sheets into one book so I know where everything is.

At my school we don't have peer support. The only people that go back with the Year 7's tomorrow are the SRC.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
fluffycake said:

Meh. 50/50.

Subjects are gonna be interesting, but my "schoolmates" are gonna be hell. Boring, manipulative, gossipers.

On the plus side, as each day passes i'm a step closer to never seeing them again...

lacklustre

HSC
makemearedcape said:
Argh. I'm dreading it.

Have you noticed that there are less dramas with your friends and such when you're on holidays? There's less school stress so everyone is not so PMS-y and annoying.
lol! Yeah for sure...but having school dramas is what makes the whole day interesting and not dull.

I love it when there's a fight....I spur them on...real popcorn entertainment

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
makemearedcape said:
Argh. I'm dreading it.

The first few days of school are okay, but then the homework and assignments start and oh joy, everyone is stressed again, lol.
Yeah exactly.

So imagine how Yr11 and Yr12's gonna be like. :mad1:

twilight1412

HSC
S1M0 said:
Yeah exactly.

actually its not that bad when you actually get into it .... you might feel the 'stress' at first but then you'll get used to it and it'll be an everyday thing

lacklustre

HSC
S1M0 said:
Yeah exactly.

Yeah I know. I'm just dreading assessments. But i paln to keep on top of them to minimise stress

HSC
I am going to try and be more organised this year with homework and assignments...but I don't know if that will benefit or hinder me yet, because I work really well when I'm doing assignments the night before. The pressure pushes me to do my best, and so I don't know if I'm actually going to perform as well when I have all this time on my hands to sit around and think properly and make thought out decisions. I'm a terrible decision-maker, so making one when I absolutely need to, is easier than when I have a load of time on my hands, because I know I'll think about it forever. But the only issue with the whole night before thing is that I do get quite stressed out. Especially if the printer decides to stop working in the middle of the night, lol.

mudcake42

HSC
I'm dreading anti-social life...I hope I dont have to completely ignore my boyfriend and all my friends...I'm planing to kick but in year 11, do you reckon you can balance it?

hope so!

lacklustre

HSC
makemearedcape said:
I am going to try and be more organised this year with homework and assignments...but I don't know if that will benefit or hinder me yet, because I work really well when I'm doing assignments the night before. The pressure pushes me to do my best, and so I don't know if I'm actually going to perform as well when I have all this time on my hands to sit around and think properly and make thought out decisions. I'm a terrible decision-maker, so making one when I absolutely need to, is easier than when I have a load of time on my hands, because I know I'll think about it forever. But the only issue with the whole night before thing is that I do get quite stressed out. Especially if the printer decides to stop working in the middle of the night, lol.
OMG that is a mirror image of me. I also do well when I leave it to the last minute and I usually get better marks than those who have completed the assignment weeks before it is due.

I need to have some sort of pressure to work well.

The only thing is that it feels terrible to leave it to the last minute. You sit down to do it until it is finished, and it doesn't feel good.

lacklustre

HSC
Goodnight everybody and good luck tomorrow!

Together we will tackle this beast head on!

For now its :sleep: time!

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Dont be too worried bout school starting coz the more you worry the more you work yourself up until u spiral into depressing coz u fear u wont get a 99.95 uai...dont worry too much stress les and u will achieve more

fluffycake

HSC
You can and will balance your social life with school work.
I see Year 11 as a practice HSC year. Even in yr 12 you can't study 24/7!
If your worried about your social life, try and integrate your friends with your study time (occasionally). For subjects like maths you're much better studying alone, but for subjects like English its good to have a little study/discussion group to understand different perspectives about certain topics.
We only have 2 more years of highschool... have fun! (but not too much fun) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)