Bachelors of Applied Finance with Bachelors of Actuarial Studies (1 Viewer)

lol12345

HSC
is there any other unis that offer a similar degree to this as it is only available at macquarie? like usyd or unsw.
http://www.courses.mq.edu.au/2012/Un...uarial+Studies
Also, how is the actuarial/finance courses at mq compared to unsw as I know there is going to be a new bachelors of actuarial studies at unsw

Thanks

cjwkang93

HSC
I'm not sure about USyd but for UNSW you can do finance and actuarial by doing a double major with a commerce single degree. Although your commerce degree might be extended to longer than 3years to complete. Also if you do Actuarial Studies at UNSW which opens next year then i believe you can't major in finance iirc... so for flexibility commerce is the way to go at UNSW but if you want to become and actuarial and passionate about it then B.Actuarial Studies at UNSW. Currently, to my knowledge MQ probably has a better actuarial course(MQ's best and probably only knowledgable course throughout Australia) than UNSW but who knows... next year when UNSW releases Actuarial as well then UNSW might stand on top.

viraj30

HSC
I'm not sure about USyd but for UNSW you can do finance and actuarial by doing a double major with a commerce single degree. Although your commerce degree might be extended to longer than 3years to complete. Also if you do Actuarial Studies at UNSW which opens next year then i believe you can't major in finance iirc... so for flexibility commerce is the way to go at UNSW but if you want to become and actuarial and passionate about it then B.Actuarial Studies at UNSW. Currently, to my knowledge MQ probably has a better actuarial course(MQ's best and probably only knowledgable course throughout Australia) than UNSW but who knows... next year when UNSW releases Actuarial as well then UNSW might stand on top.
do you know the cutoff atar for b actuarial studies??? if they havent yet announced it, how much do you will it be?? like ~95, 96???

converge

HSC
N/A
do you know the cutoff atar for b actuarial studies??? if they havent yet announced it, how much do you will it be?? like ~95, 96???
The cutoff for B Actuarial Studies is yet to be released. I'd imagine it would be in excess of 95.

M

MichelleV

Don't forget though with UNSW there are bonus points for commerce depending on your subjects/marks. It's not unheard of for people who get an atar of 90 to get into a 95 subject because of bonus points. My friend got into commerce at unsw this year with an atar of 91.5 because the 5 bonus points she got allowed her into it (It was 96. something irrc)

viraj30

HSC
it's around 98 without HSC plus bonus points...at the start of the year i was really happy as it was under b comm (~95 cut and they also allowed HSC plus) now if i want to pursue this, i need to get at least 98 and i know i cant!

FUK MY LIFE

powlmao

Banned
HSC
it's around 98 without HSC plus bonus points...at the start of the year i was really happy as it was under b comm (~95 cut and they also allowed HSC plus) now if i want to pursue this, i need to get at least 98 and i know i cant!

FUK MY LIFE
Is this com/law or straight commerce

HSC plus doens't count towards law

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)