Bachelor of Science UNSW? (1 Viewer)

Penguyen

HSC
I'm considering to prioritize B science at UNSW (cut-off of 76) as one of my top Uni preferences but it sort of puts me in a dilemma because my actual UAI is considerably higher and i have an external view when it comes to these things :uhoh:
Just wondering if there's anyone out there who has been in a similar situation or you could just share your thoughts on the matter. Thanks alot :)

spence

HSC
Do the course if you want to, don't worry about the cutoff

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
you choose B Science because you are interested in a particular field in science, such as physics or what your taste is. Look at what the program is about, not what UAI it demands. Even if the UAI seems low, the courses that you can take within that course can be challenging, even to a student with 99UAI.

LordPc

HSC
yea do a combined degree. isnt there also some advanced science course with UAI like 90?

probable reason for the UAI of B of Sci being so low is because although it may be a popular choice, students will choose different majors. theres a good range of them.

Also remember UAI isnt an indication of how hard a course is, its an indication of demand. if everyone in the state picked a course with UAI cutoff 81, then only the people with the very top UAI's, ie 100, 99.95, 99.90. would be accepted

spence

HSC
^ That's a good point. For all we know the UAI for science may jump to 90+ it's extremely unlikely, but it could happen

sirfeathers

HSC
Agreed with the people above. The high UAI cutoff of a course is, in most cases, more reflective of the popularity of a course rather than of it's difficulty. And this year the Federeal Govt reduced science courses to the "national priority" fee band level - indicative of the fact that there are far less people who want to do science degrees than people who want to employ them.

Besides, universities such as UNSW also offer "higher level" subjects that ensure that you are being challenged with other people of your own ability. Then you can do honours etc. You are definitely not losing out by choosing this option.

venture68

HSC
if i were u...i rather do something else...coz u will regret....trust me...also...u could planning on doing one year of science and then transfer....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)