Bachelor of science / master of nutrition and dietetics?? (1 Viewer)

elmo123

HSC
N/A
May someone please provide some details on BACHELOR OF SCIENCE / MASTER OF NUTRITION AND DIETETICS.. like the workload, timetable etc.
Thank you :)

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
hey

I am currently studying bachelor of science/master of nutrition and dietetics at usyd. i have a 22 hour a week timetable which means im in all 5 days. this is semi annoying because most of my friends get at least friday off. so yeh pretty intense in that respect.

with workload, there is a lot. at the moment we are in mid semester break and i have loads to do for both assessments and assignments. but in saying that as long as your organised and manage your time well if shouldn't be a problem.

if you have any other questions let me know :) are you hoping to do it next year?

xiaomantou93

HSC
@Becky222
Thanks for the insight to this course! :D I'm also planning to do this course, however the current ATAR cut off is quite high. D: I just have a few questions, if you don't mind me asking. How is the degree in terms of content? i.e. practicality and level of interest. Also, are there many people taking this course, judging by the high ATAR cut off, it seems like quite a popular degree, yet I haven't been able to find much information or feedback on it, since it's new.

Many thanks in advance! :)

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
Hey, i dont mind answering any questions at all. In terms of content i only just started this year so i have done roughly 5 weeks but basically the degree is a bachelor of science for the first few years. That means you do a chem, maths, bio and then a science elective of which i do psychology. you can choose the degree of difficulty for each of those and also the types of topic you want to study e.g. in biology there is concepts of biology ad human biology. its good in this way though because it means if you haven't done one of these subjects for hsc e.g. chem there is a fundamentals of chem course that starts from the beginning.

Its quite interesting, very science based obviously which is quite a change from hsc when you do a bit of everything. but the way each subject is structured is good although everything moves at fast pace.

to be honest, i have only met one person studying the same degree as me because most of your classes are just with people who are studying bachelor of science, advanced science etc. she heard somewhere that they only accepted 10 domestic students this year which is why we never come across people doing the degree... not sure if thats right though. the ATAR is high, but if you work hard you will get it, i never in a million years would have thought i would and i did so there seriously is hope!!! :)

xiaomantou93

HSC
Thank you Becky222 for the insight into the course! :D It's really clarified my grounding in course choices for next year. I'll probably have more questions as the year progresses, but thanks for now! :)

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
Haha thats ok, i hope i haven't put you off or anything bad like that. Feel free to message me anytime if you want to ask anything else :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)