Bachelor of Pharmacy bridging courses (1 Viewer)

Pharaohsam

HSC
Uni Grad
i've been looking at the usyd bachelor of pharmacy handbook and it says the first subject of year 1 is concepts of biogy and it strongly recommends a biology bridging course if you haven;t done bio in year 12...but in the uac book it says assumed knlowedge is chem and phys or chem and bio...is the bridging course really necessary...

is anyone here at usyd pharmacy and they didn't do bio...???

frootloop

HSC
Apparently Dreamerish was going to do a bio bridging course for Pharm but was advised against it.

I did Bio and I didn't find it that difficult...

HSC
I did chem and phys, but not bio. We were told it helps because you're familar with a lot of the concepts, but not necessary. Those who do bio may find certain things 'easier' i spose... I'm planning on buying an excel guide for bio or something and reading through the stuff year 12'ers would have learnt, just to give me some scope, if anything. :)

tennille

HSC
archangel leila said:
I did chem and phys, but not bio. We were told it helps because you're familar with a lot of the concepts, but not necessary. Those who do bio may find certain things 'easier' i spose... I'm planning on buying an excel guide for bio or something and reading through the stuff year 12'ers would have learnt, just to give me some scope, if anything. :)
I only did chem and physics in year 12. I didn't do a bridging course in biology, but I did do Concepts in Biology. The subject isn't hard, but there is a lot to remember. Personally, I don't think the bridging course is really necessary.

jessamine

HSC
off topic,

is SUPA free to join? also, does anyone have 1st year text books for pharm they want to sell off? im interested in buying, pm me please on what you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)