Bachelor of Medical Science (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm not exactly sure about what I want to go into yet.
I am interested in biology and more specifically, immunobiology.

Is a B of Med Science appropriate for this? Or is a B of Science a better preference? Or is Adv Science better?

I need to put in my UAC application soon, and I'm just a little confused on what my best options are + how to prioritise them.

Thanks in advance :)

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Advanced science is best, put that first, Medical Science is (I think) for people who want to get into Med/Surgery. You can still do most of the subjects with a B Sc thou... (Are u talking about UNSW btw?).

You can always switch up the preferences on ur application after you submit it...so don't stress lol but I would put-
1. Advanced Sci (This has a strong focus on research Btw: which is good)
2. B Sc

If you are talking about UNSW then advanced science and medical science are around the same ATAR and unless your trying to get into Med then I'd say just go with Advanced Sci....but u should really be researching this stuff urself and seeing what suits you best.

kazoospasm

HSC
I'm not exactly sure about what I want to go into yet.
I am interested in biology and more specifically, immunobiology.

Is a B of Med Science appropriate for this? Or is a B of Science a better preference? Or is Adv Science better?
Med Science would definitely work (It's not just a stopgap for Grad Med). So would BSci, provided the uni has a immunobiology/immunology major, which most do.

BSci offers greater freedom than BMedSci as far as subject choice goes, and Adv. Sci even more so.

HSC
another question. with uac offers, can i receive more than 1 offer in the main round? or if i get offered my 1st preference is that it?

thanks for your input by the way.

kangms

HSC
one offer only. med science is better than adv,sc and bsc. adv sc tend to go in depth, and bsc is too broad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)