Bachelor of Information Technology Scholarship UTS 2014 (1 Viewer)

Prouille24

HSC
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering when confirmation of whether or not I got into the interview stage for the BIT program at UTS is mailed/e-mailed to me as I am getting a bit concerned whether I even made it, particularly due to the fact that the interviews are held in mid July. If anyone else has applied, can you please tell me if you got into the interview stage.

Also, I was hoping from any experiences of this program and it's benefits from past and/or current students as well as anyone who knows something useful about the course.

Thanks for any help it would be much appreciated.

Prouille24

HSC
Isn't that really hard to get into comparatively, like you need 95+ ATAR and a load of co-curricula

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Isn't that really hard to get into comparatively, like you need 95+ ATAR and a load of co-curricula
UNSW has a hard and fast 96+ requirement.

But for the past few years most of the UTS BITs got an ATAR in the 90s. (2012 cohort is pretty big I believe so there were a few people with ATARs in the 80s)

Always worth giving everything a go though. I regret not applying for UTS BIT program - would have had a decent chance in retrospect but back then I didn't think I would be competitive.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
FML...I should have applied for BIT. I was too focused on getting into UNSW. I would have had a decent chance, im sitting a few off the top the reserve list for UNSW.

Prouille24

HSC
Btw just wondering if anyone has got an interview for this yet coz in the email they said the interview would be on the 11th of July and you would be contacted by email and mail. I am getting a bit worried as I filled in the form before the deadline of 20th of June and still have not gotten a reply

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
It will come, if it doesnt come within a week from now give them a ring.

Prouille24

HSC
Thanks for the help, funnily enough I just got a reply in the mail. Got an interview. So stoked. I was wondering if anyone else got an interview as well. Also, does anyone know how many applicants make the interview stage and also how many people actually get the scholarship. I have heard that 150 get an interview and only 35-40 people get in. Can anyone confirm this. Also, does anyone have any tips for the group interview so confused as to what I am meant to do and how I can stand out. Thanks for any help.

Prouille24

HSC
I was wondering if you had any details of where we are to meet for the interview and what is the structure for the day.
Also, do you know how many people got through to the interview stage as I have heard only 30-35 applicants get into the program.
Moreover, how important is the atar. E.g. I have done a lot of co-curricula! leadership roles and jobs and am expecting an atar of 93+ (Hopefully 95). As such, what would you say my chances are for getting into the program?

Thanks for any help

Prouille24

HSC
Does anyone know when they tell us if we got in or not as I heard it is some time this week.

So nervous....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)